Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII 2016 Match BM
8. Gauge sweep
Go to [17] Instrument
Coding -> Function 10
Byte 1
Enable bit 0

I can never seem to enable this..... am I missing something?

Yes - took me a few times after getting several "code not valid" responses. Brilliant now its done!!!

Yomny1

Ready to race!
To all.. what is this "Function 10" i see being used(is this f10 key?), if i recall right the coding # is 7?

Thanks

Nope, I don't have keyless and it's working on mine. Regional??

Hmm.. i have to give it another shot but when i did it, my default value was "low beam" and I've never had this working either so it may have to do with some other option. I have an S GTI, base with lighting package, you?

Yes - took me a few times after getting several "code not valid" responses. Brilliant now its done!!!

I've done this but don't really see any sweeping, are all the gauges supposed to do this or just temp and gas?

Thanks

L3nnox

Ready to race!
Mines a base GTD no options.

And Function 10 if I remember correctly is just the next part you select on the Ross tech software....

Yomny1

Ready to race!

And Function 10 if I remember correctly is just the next part you select on the Ross tech software....

Thanks for this.. i'll have to check again and pay closer attention. When i get into the "Coding" option i then click the "long coding helper" button to get into the editing of the coding, maybe the Function 10 brings this up without clicking the button lol.

L3nnox

Ready to race!
I would need to check, my mates got the lead and the laptop at his so cannot do it now. Let me know if you run into issue and I will get it.

Yomny1

Ready to race!

Can you help me out with this.. trying to enable fog light coming home.

i go to central electronics, enter the security code 31347 as instructed then go to adaptations.. go the channel highlighted in the pic below and select fog light, my default was low beam.

Now how does this work, do i lock the car, do i have to enable this in the car's menu or does the light switch have to be somewhere specifically? I don't have auto headlights and the US spec switch doesn't allow fogs with parking lights remember this. Thanks for your help.

Yomny1

Ready to race!
Well after posting my previous question i found post that seems to better explain things. Figured id post it for possibly helping others.

Missing some steps to enable this.

Check this for more details

In short.. these channels have to be selected.

Comfort illumination-Coming Home Verbaustatus --> automatic
Comfort illumination-Coming Home Leuchten --> low beam(or fogs)
Comfort illumination-Coming-home Einschaltereignis --> driver door

Comfort illumination-Coming Home Verbaustatus is set to automatic instead of manual, there is no need to flash the high beam stalk (i.e., coming home function is automatically enabled every time that the driver door is opened) But be aware that in this mode the coming home lights will turn-on for these cars regardless of light level - because there isn't a light sensor installed on these vehicles)

I haven't tried this so i could be wrong but seems a bit more detailed.

Also a few more settings

Adaptation channel Stored Setting
(1)-Comfort illumination-Coming Home Verbaustatus manual/automatic
(2)-Comfort illumination-Menuesteuerung Coming Home Werkseinstellung: active
(3)-Comfort illumination-Menueeinstellung Cominghome 10 s
(4)-Comfort illumination-Coming Home Leuchten Low beam
(5)-Comfort illumination-Coming-home Einschaltereignis Driver door

And... a bit more info related to this little tweak

"S models without the rain/light sensor will not(coming home feature). With VCDS coding, manual coming home can be enabled"

Manual coming home means:

"You flash the high beams(unless set to automatic which then relies on door opening) before you leave the car and the car performs the coming home routine. Leaving home will not work without the sensor."

Last edited:

moonluv810

Ready to race!
I
11. XDS Adaptation
Go into [03] ABS
Go into Adaptation & select “Expanded electronic differential lock”
New value to select > “Standard”, “Not activated”, “Weak”, “Medium”, “Strong”

For the life of me, I couldn't find "Expanded Electronic Differential Lock" under Adaption. I went through the list like 6 times, but it's just not there or I must be blind.
I have a '15 GTI SE with Nov 2014 build date.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!

Yomny1

Ready to race!
For the life of me, I couldn't find "Expanded Electronic Differential Lock" under Adaption. I went through the list like 6 times, but it's just not there or I must be blind.
I have a '15 GTI SE with Nov 2014 build date.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!

it's under "no display" channel and access code 20103

dardano

Car(s)
2019 VW Alltrack DSG
Those coding for dimming the DRLs while blinkers are on DO NOT work on my 2019 MK7.5 Golf Alltrack SEL Facelift w/ OE LED front/tail lights

Is there any useful code to try ?

I did my search and found nothing so far.

Thanks

hillstrubl

Out driving Mieke...
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf GTI SE
Anybody know if there's a way to FULLY disable ACS via VCDS/OBD11? I absolutely hate this feature and despite 2 different dealers saying its within spec it goes off for false warnings all the time (guardrails almost every time on a bendy road). Yes I know I can disable it each time and then I get to look at a yellow warning light each time, I'm looking to disable it entirely from a software perspective, no VWoA and several dealers both refuse to do this.