GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BFI Stage 1 vs. Autotech Insert Results

Apparently I got a "limited edition" blue. :)

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
I got my bfi torque arm insert installed two days ago and I couldn't be happier. It does create a little more cabin noise, but not much. It does vibrate a bit more in reverse, and you can notice it when at a stop light. However, this small $35 piece just makes the car so much more fun to drive. I'm still on the stock tune (saving for k04 and don't want to waste money on an ecu tune) and I can now go full throttle in first gear with zero wheel spin or traction control kicking in (obviously i can rev it up and spin the tires, but I used to get a little bit of traction loss around 4,000 rpms that is no longer there). When shifting, it's just smooth, no jerkiness, which is huge for our cars because when tied in with a little bit of turbo lag, it's a little less fun to drive. Great mod, everyone should get this. I don't know much about the different companies, but I like that bfi is plastic and has some flex in it compared to a metal piece that isn't going to flex. Common sense would say that it would put so much more stress on the other parts of the motor, car, etc

P

plac

i remember when i had this mod on a couple GTI's. it def stopped most of my wheel hop, and you would just get smooth wheel spin instead of uncontrolability. of course... the vibration was too much for me tho. think i had the autotech one once, and had a full metal hinge assy. thing once too.

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Apparently I got a "limited edition" blue. :)

Agreed x 100%. My autotech was far less "vibey" than the other inserts. By the way, can you elaborate on the DSG "RSU"? Was there some sort of update or a thread where I can find more information?