GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BigEURO MK8 GTI, done?

bugzy

Ready to race!
After purchasing my MK8 GTI S 6spd in April, I think I'm finally happy with how it looks. This is my daily driver, I got 2 kids I transport everyday. So keeping it simple.

Should be done for a lil while before I move on to brakes, suspension extras. Will see.

Hope you like my setup. Everything I've done to the car, I'm keeping a journal of parts links etc - https://www.big-euro.com/mk8-gti

FCCDC724-5B80-4B5B-B6D3-297DCF6FA2F5.jpg
IMG_1754.JPG
IMG_1772.JPG
IMG_1783.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1608.JPG
    IMG_1608.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 123

Braxton

Passed Driver's Ed
This is really clean. I like the blacked out front reflectors, all your trim pieces work well with white.

Braxton

Passed Driver's Ed
After purchasing my MK8 GTI S 6spd in April, I think I'm finally happy with how it looks. This is my daily driver, I got 2 kids I transport everyday. So keeping it simple.

Should be done for a lil while before I move on to brakes, suspension extras. Will see.

Hope you like my setup. Everything I've done to the car, I'm keeping a journal of parts links etc - https://www.big-euro.com/mk8-gti

View attachment 260673View attachment 260674View attachment 260676View attachment 260677
For your side view mirrors, your website also says you got smoked turn signals. How much does it change the yellow?

Your wheels are amazing too, this so well done.

Braxton

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey, I purchased the same rear taillights as you. On your website you mention an OEM connector, 3B0973813. Are you using this to connect to the original connector then just hard wiring in to the new lights?

bugzy

Ready to race!
Hey, I purchased the same rear taillights as you. On your website you mention an OEM connector, 3B0973813. Are you using this to connect to the original connector then just hard wiring in to the new lights?
You use the the OEM connector part that I listed. You re-pin it to the NEW harness included with the kit.

You replace the brown 8pin connector (EU connector) with the 6pin connector (NA connector). This allows you to retain the plug n play aspect.

The brown connector would normally work for other EU spec cars, but not for North American based cars. So to make it more plug & play (reversible) you need to swap to the 6pin connector. Which should plug into our vehicles wiring.

Of course there's plenty of installation needed. You'll need to run wiring that innerconnects the inner taillight and outer taillight.

I'm also attaching USP's installation guide, which you have to do with the ali kit also.

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/get_doc.php?file=c2e57a991a0a57d58f8e0f888943163f
IMG_1808.JPG

Braxton

Passed Driver's Ed
So I'm curious, in your picture where the car is on the black mat, the brake lights are on. Were you holding the brake?

bentin

Autocross Champion
Man, the Euro tails are so much better than stock. Installation does look a little daunting, but I'll already be removing the rear bumper and outer tails to install a hitch, so I figure I should just tackle these at the same time. I do plan on doing the IND painted reflectors, just need to wait to see if I get the white R I have an allocation for or my dealer can trade for a blue one that I'd prefer.

Braxton

Passed Driver's Ed
Man, the Euro tails are so much better than stock. Installation does look a little daunting, but I'll already be removing the rear bumper and outer tails to install a hitch, so I figure I should just tackle these at the same time. I do plan on doing the IND painted reflectors, just need to wait to see if I get the white R I have an allocation for or my dealer can trade for a blue one that I'd prefer.
The biggest issue is if you want dynamic turn signals you need a 12v constant source. I had it already from installing the electric tailgate but best thing to do is tap off the 12v outlet in the trunk.

bentin

Autocross Champion
The biggest issue is if you want dynamic turn signals you need a 12v constant source. I had it already from installing the electric tailgate but best thing to do is tap off the 12v outlet in the trunk.
I think that's the purpose of the splitter in the last step of the USP install instructions. I'd prefer to just buy a full set, either the USP or DAP ones.