GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BigEURO MK8 GTI, done?

Braxton

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, that is the brake lights.
Did you notice any color or brightness difference between the inner and outer? I believe we purchased the exact same light. Mine came in a black box with foam inside. I found the inner lights are a brighter red compared to the outer lights that are purple and dimmer. I used obdeleven to dim the inner lights but that didn't fix the color issue.

Here's what they look like, this is a bit exaggerated, but I had trouble capturing the difference.

bugzy

Ready to race!
Did you notice any color or brightness difference between the inner and outer? I believe we purchased the exact same light. Mine came in a black box with foam inside. I found the inner lights are a brighter red compared to the outer lights that are purple and dimmer. I used obdeleven to dim the inner lights but that didn't fix the color issue.

Here's what they look like, this is a bit exaggerated, but I had trouble capturing the difference.

No, mine are matched. Hmm.

Braxton

Passed Driver's Ed
See those dots that appear on the outer, are those visible to you or is brightness high enough that the dots are difficult to make out

Braxton

Passed Driver's Ed
So I've tried to dim this using both voltage and PWN with the car. PWN dimming causes it to buzz whereas lowering the voltage doesn't. Dropping it to 9v fixes the brightness issue but not the color issue. I think I got a bad set of inner lights, though it's strange that they are identical.

Can I ask what seller you used?

bugzy

Ready to race!
AKD Global Trade Co., Ltd

So I've tried to dim this using both voltage and PWN with the car. PWN dimming causes it to buzz whereas lowering the voltage doesn't. Dropping it to 9v fixes the brightness issue but not the color issue. I think I got a bad set of inner lights, though it's strange that they are identical.

Can I ask what seller you used?

Braxton

Passed Driver's Ed
Very nice, the spacing is subtle but I can see that the back wheel aligns better with the body. I've haven't done any suspension work yet. I was thinking about lowering springs however I read that they can ruin the stock suspension. Have you ever heard of springs that only lower it a small amount?

bentin

Autocross Champion
Very nice, the spacing is subtle but I can see that the back wheel aligns better with the body. I've haven't done any suspension work yet. I was thinking about lowering springs however I read that they can ruin the stock suspension. Have you ever heard of springs that only lower it a small amount?
The trick is to not lower the suspension so much that the LCA are parallel or at a negative angle. That’s generally only about 3/4” - 1.0” from stock on an R.

bugzy

Ready to race!
Anthony C on FB MK8 group has his harness kit, which might be one of the best kits out.

Only issue with USP harness, is that it's got the brake light switchback for signal light, which isn't how the EU tail lights suppose to behave.

Silverstoned

After purchasing my MK8 GTI S 6spd in April, I think I'm finally happy with how it looks. This is my daily driver, I got 2 kids I transport everyday. So keeping it simple.

Should be done for a lil while before I move on to brakes, suspension extras. Will see.

Hope you like my setup. Everything I've done to the car, I'm keeping a journal of parts links etc - https://www.big-euro.com/mk8-gti

View attachment 260673View attachment 260674View attachment 260676View attachment 260677
Curious about your stud kit. 14x1.5x what length? I'm considering anywhere from 0-15mm spacers, so would I want 60mm, 70mm, 80mm? Ideally the studs aren't sticking out too far past the nuts.

bugzy

Ready to race!
Curious about your stud kit. 14x1.5x what length? I'm considering anywhere from 0-15mm spacers, so would I want 60mm, 70mm, 80mm? Ideally the studs aren't sticking out too far past the nuts.
https://motorsporthardware.com/product/78mm-black-bullet-nose-race-stud-kit-14x1-5/ here is the kit I'm using, it doesn't stock out past the base of the wheel itself. If you look up at the photos. I think the 78mm length is just right. Allows for 10-15mm spacers if needed.