GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

C8 or 2022 Golf R?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I can't decide which would be a better daily driver. Had a '19 Golf R and a '19 Corvette and liked them both.
it really depends on if you need the hatch for the practicality or not but personally i would do the c8. the new cts v has a manual too and will be a sweet option

although the R would probably be more fun for tuning and going big turbo. if i wanted to build a missile that's what i would go with, but lets be honest the c8 is prob rowdy and fast enough

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
The vette isn't very comfortable to drive. There's no leg room, the windshield feels way too close to your face, the whole cockpit area just feels cramped.
Which Vette were you in that had no leg room, a C3?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
And a 0.4sec edge is a "killed the Supra around the track"? Driver could've had an itch in his crack that contributed to the "loss"?

3winning.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Also. There's no world where a C8 is a daily for anyone. I think the car is amazing, especially for the price, but it's not meant to be practical.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Also. There's no world where a C8 is a daily for anyone. I think the car is amazing, especially for the price, but it's not meant to be practical.
There are all sorts of people that daily dumber things. There's a guy that dailies a burgundy Veyron in the Park Cities of Dallas. There's a guy that dailies a Lotus Caterham in Laguna Beach. There are people that actually drive Smart cars.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
My grandpa is in his 70s and dailys a C7...and it's a manual lol

He's got some other cars, but most of the time he's in the vette.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
That's a C7 not a C8.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Obviously mayo and peas.

FB_IMG_1628516544271.jpg