GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Canon Rebel XTi users--

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
no worries man, photography is my passion so i love talking about it/helping people out...as long as theyre willing to learn lol

JhnR

Banned
alright then maybe ill just PM you next time.
:biggrin:

Lucidity

Marx
Thanks for that heftylefty.

Whats the best software to do use with this camera. I know it came with one i forgot which one it was.

And also, whats the best way to take rolling shoots, or moving objects. (settings)

what about the P mode, automatically sets the shutter speed and aperture value to match the brightness of the subject?

whats the best settings for an all around mode?

Auto or A, or P.

i understand that i have to play with the settings a little, which i will, but until then i wanna be able to use it the right way.

For basic editing that isn't extensive, go with the software provided. The software was designed in part with the Canon camera engineers, so it will know how to clean up a Canon picture better than any other of the shelf, or even some of the higher end software with ease. Once you have done basic clean ups, then it's on to something like PS.

JhnR

Banned
another quick question.

how do you put the black frame around a picture, can you do it with the software provided by Canon?

JhnR

Banned
i will install all the software tomorrow on my laptop, my pc is to slow, and busted.

with new wheels at home and some other goodies on the way, cant wait to get some new pictures.

BlueWabbit

back being low.
The only modes I've actually used is... Manual so I could control the aperature and shutter speed manually. Shutter speed priority and Aperature priority would be the other two modes I've used.

I've only used Auto when I just want to take a quick snap and not care how it turns out. So.. basically when I'm lazy.

Do you have any basic knowledge of how a camera works? like Aperature and Shutter speed? I'm trying to make you look like a noob or what not but it's basic knowledge that everyone who really wants to get into photography should know how the camera works.

Sorry I didn't read all the other posts before hand so I'm just going from the OP's 1st post.

BlueWabbit

back being low.
Awesome, glad to hear that you're willing to learn. Don't worry about lenses just yet, you'll have time to build up your collection. Just focus on learning how your camera works.

Do you understand the concept of Aperature and Shutter Speed? How about your light meter? BTW your light meter is like your god, you needa follow it like a religion. INSTEAD of some other cases when you are experimenting.

Basically the light meter will tell you if your picture will either be too dark (over exposed) or too light (under exposed). You could see if the picture will be taken with a balance of both is when.. you press down the button half way so the camera could auto focus but also give you a reading of how the picture would turn out.

If you want to get pictures with like one thing will be focus while the background will be blurred or the other way around you would need to change the focus point in your camera and the light meter would tell you what is a good balance AT that focus point but not around it, so be aware of that.

The focus points could be changed from any of the modes above Auto. How you change them is when you look at the camera, the off / on switch move down to where your finger is on two buttons the one that have a magnifying glass with a + would be the one to change the focus points. You change these by the uhhh crap i don't know what exactly but this gear looking thing next to the button where you take the picture. When you do this then the dots inside the viewer would change.

JhnR

Banned
light meter? :iono:

damn really? where? :lol:

i know when i focuse they have a bunch of stuff, and i know which one is ap, and shutter, but hmm light..

i tend to get lots of dark pics.. but i tried 1600 iso. 800 is chill

BlueWabbit

back being low.
Ok so the light meter is basically the gauge?

So in this picture you know where you see the P mode? and you see -2...-1...0...+1....+2 that's basically the meter. if the arrow in the + region then the picture will be too light (under exposed). if it is in the - region then it is too dark (over exposed). So you gauge the picture from the meter.

I recommend starting with either 100 or 400 ISO. ISO is basically well in film terms is that... the lower the ISO means the film will be less sensitive to light but the picture won't look grainy. while for example 1600 ISO means it takes less light exposure on the picture but the picture looks super grainy.

So.. If you want to take pictures of standing still or just normal pictures with people or what not then use ISO 100 or 400 but you wanna shoot for like action shots go for a higher ISO 800 / 1600.