GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cars and Bids, BAT, etc.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Do it

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
It's such a great car. I have no idea what it will go for, but I probably don't need another convertible.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
I want a V8 R. :)

And Rich Rebuilds' shop might be able to do a nice swap for a decent price.
I found an s2000 yesterday for $7500 without engine or transmission. Instantly searched for ls swapped s2000 and seems like that would be a reasonable cost. Maybe less than $30k for an LS powered s2000. Seems like a v8 swapped R night be a LOT more than that. $50k?

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
I found an s2000 yesterday for $7500 without engine or transmission. Instantly searched for ls swapped s2000 and seems like that would be a reasonable cost. Maybe less than $30k for an LS powered s2000. Seems like a v8 swapped R night be a LOT more than that. $50k?

North of that, easily. I think 50K is the cost of the DAZA swap and AFAIK that doesn't require changes to sheet metal. I'd wager that fitting a V8 into our engine bays would require some substantial chopping.

But it kinda sorta has been done. Not 4WD.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
North of that, easily. I think 50K is the cost of the DAZA swap and AFAIK that doesn't require changes to sheet metal. I'd wager that fitting a V8 into our engine bays would require some substantial chopping.

But it kinda sorta has been done. Not 4WD.
Wow that’s an impressive build! Low power numbers but pretty cool that they put that BMW engine in and also all the suspension work. Definately a labor of love. Fun to see a Golf drifting!

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
No AC. I'm out

Acadia18

Autocross Champion