GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cars and Bids, BAT, etc.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Pretty sure that the 458 only came with paddles. I’ve never driven a gated manual Ferrari but should probably try to do that before I die. I don’t know, I care less and less about driving a manual transmission.

I’m 29 and learned to drive stick on my first GTI I got when I was 19 in 2013. Had 2 other manuals since but I can say I’ve gotten my thrills. I could care less about the “experience,” it sucks lol. I like DSGs a lot.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I’m 29 and learned to drive stick on my first GTI I got when I was 19 in 2013. Had 2 other manuals since but I can say I’ve gotten my thrills. I could care less about the “experience,” it sucks lol. I like DSGs a lot.

ban

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Why is Jay on Acadias account?

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
I do think that driving a manual transmission creates a more engaged driving experience. That being said, I no longer search for only manual transmission cars. DSG or dual clutch is amazing and has proven to be the superior transmission, performance-wise, so that’s impossible for me to ignore. I miss driving my manual 350z, but don’t miss the manual Ats-v. It’s subjective and relative to the car, in my opinion. I don’t value nostalgia as much as some.

vjmvjm

Drag Racing Champion
I do think that driving a car with mechanical brakes and solid tires creates a more engaged driving experience. ;)

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
I do think that driving a manual transmission creates a more engaged driving experience. That being said, I no longer search for only manual transmission cars. DSG or dual clutch is amazing and has proven to be the superior transmission, performance-wise, so that’s impossible for me to ignore. I miss driving my manual 350z, but don’t miss the manual Ats-v. It’s subjective and relative to the car, in my opinion. I don’t value nostalgia as much as some.

I think that having owned manuals has made me a better more aware driver both with the car and the road. But I no longer *need* that - I can actually focus a lot more when I don’t have to devote 50% of my processing power to perfectly clutching and shifting. DSG is the perfect middle ground for me. I don’t even hate the transmission in my Touareg lol, even with the dieselgate tune it’s better programming than a stock DSG. I do look forward to getting a TCU tho

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Why is it that a legit Ferrari race car only has two pedals? :confused::confused:
uses the stock gearbox and these things are driven by rich dentists.

throwing an actual sequential w/ hand clutch into it would prob be marginally cheaper.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Umm.....that's a Nissan pulsar.