GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

Phur

Autocross Champion
Ugh its the whole midwest. feels like over 100 here today. but its thunder storming?
The Ohio River Valley is still the worst. :cautious:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Hey hey! Same as Illinois! Whatchu been up to lately?
not a lot, been making a list of house things to tackle once things cool off. also upgrading some furniture things if possible. how about you, dude? been a minute.

clownish

just clowning around
Ugh, I am not looking forward to pulling my engine this weekend. Decided to do a whole maintenance refresh because of that dumb blocked cam bridge. Need to buy so many parts.

Who's ever had ensaymada? Found someone who makes them locally; tastes like childhood.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Ugh, I am not looking forward to pulling my engine this weekend. Decided to do a whole maintenance refresh because of that dumb blocked cam bridge. Need to buy so many parts.

Who's ever had ensaymada? Found someone who makes them locally; tastes like childhood.
Have you done it before? It's actually not too bad on this platform. A buddy and I pulled an engine, swapped all components onto a LKQ long block and re installed it in just about 8 hours.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Florida says "heh heh... that's cute" to all of us complaining about weather things right meow
Texas says: “Lol...” last 13 days have been over 100 with 60% or above humidity o_O

clownish

just clowning around
Have you done it before? It's actually not too bad on this platform. A buddy and I pulled an engine, swapped all components onto a LKQ long block and re installed it in just about 8 hours.

I've got plenty of help, so it'll be fine. The maintenance side is probably straightforward, just time consuming. The bit I'm thinking I might want to take longer on is relocating the battery as cleanly as possible to the trunk. Trying to use Eos or GoRf parts as possible.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Rethinking my short shifter choices here, I was originally going to go with Forge stuff as we carry it on our site, however, Diesel Geek seems to run the gauntlet on shifter related upgrades. So I've been debating going with the Sigma 6 short shifter and maybe a couple of other items they offer. Any thoughts on Forge vs DG? What does everyone else run? I'm open to all suggestions if there are other options here

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Rethinking my short shifter choices here, I was originally going to go with Forge stuff as we carry it on our site, however, Diesel Geek seems to run the gauntlet on shifter related upgrades. So I've been debating going with the Sigma 6 short shifter and maybe a couple of other items they offer. Any thoughts on Forge vs DG? What does everyone else run? I'm open to all suggestions if there are other options here
Unpopular opinion but I personally think the dieselgeek shifter is way too short, I'd be worried about money shifting with that thing. I use an s3/R shifter and think it's perfect, so much that I have it on both of my vw's. The gti is much better though with a weighted knob and all of the shift bushings. The jetta knob sucks and bushings make it sloppy.