GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chinese Manufactured Parts

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
You're entitled to your opinion.

Seems like many of the claims I've made after testing their DV have held up.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3336171-Forge-2.0t-Diverter-Valve-review-(long)

Same with my claims about the Twintercooler after helping a local install and log his.

Same with my claims about the MAF location on their Twintake.

Whoops, must be a huge vendetta. Sorry, I don't buy parts blindly.

Never said you were wrong, just stating the way you are going about it. :thumbsup:

As grambles has ask, are you trying to 'prove' that the Forge products are just rebranded Chinese parts that are just marked up? Basically you have said so in a large round about way that seems like in the end, all you are trying to do is get back at Forge for selling you parts that didn't live up to expectations, whether advertised by Forge, or what information has been offered.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Never said you were wrong, just stating the way you are going about it. :thumbsup:

As grambles has ask, are you trying to 'prove' that the Forge products are just rebranded Chinese parts that are just marked up? Basically you have said so in a large round about way that seems like in the end, all you are trying to do is get back at Forge for selling you parts that didn't live up to expectations, whether advertised by Forge, or what information has been offered.

I didnt ask that. That was my own general investigation.

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
Gotcha, my bad, basically the way I had interpreted from the discussion here

allset

Go Kart Champion
I'm staying as neutral as possible on this one as Ryan is a "local area" friend of mine and there are some posters in here whom i like and respect.

That being said, I don't think it matters where a product was made or assembled as long as it was tested and performs as advertised for the expected life of the product. I also think companies should not be ambiguous on where their parts are made, no less deceptive. I don't think most ppl would care if a product was made in china, USA or the moon so long as it is quality and performs as such. The issue is ppl don't want to be taken for fools. No one likes to be bullshitted especially when money is involved.

If they were all straight forward about sourcing and backed it up it would be a moot issue and ppl would buy or not and the focus would be on the quality, where it should be. The rest is static and doesn't benefit the vendor or consumer. Companies today cant hide their sources of raw materials, parts or labor...not in the information age; and they are doomed to be branded as hacks when the get caught.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
When it comes to BRAKES there's still a huge difference if a caliper is made by Brembo in Italy
(or AP in the UK) or by a Chinese copist who doesn't have the knowledge and experience.

allset

Go Kart Champion
i agree, thats the way it is now which is why i stressed high quality and testing. There will always be a market for lower quality parts. u get what u pay for. But u have to know what ur getting b4 u pay.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
:wosschilder980:

Of course. If you believe these certain companies are making quality products then it's a moot point. I for one, do not believe that Forge manufactures high quality and well engineered products and have plenty of experience to back up that claim.

As my original point has been somewhat lost in this thread (that Bender created, not me), I'll reiterate it again.

--Forge does not manufacture their own brake kit as they claim
--The kit is manufactured overseas and is then private labeled to numerous companies including Forge and Eurosport Tuning.
--The kit is of unknown design and testing. No, throwing a set of brakes on and driving around doesn't constitute proper long-term testing.

Ever want to know how stoptechs are designed and manufactured? http://www.stoptech.com/about/stoptech-factory-tour

No cropped vague photos, no bogus claims.

Dave

agreed, Dave !! :thumbsup:

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
And the Forge brakes went back and StopTechs went on.

So care to fill us in on the real story now that they are gone?

allset

Go Kart Champion
So care to fill us in on the real story now that they are gone?

stoptech are much better and we know where they are made.

allset

Go Kart Champion
Example List:

Made in China / Assembled in USA:
AWE
Brembo brakes (certain)

Made in USA / Assembled in USA:
Modshak products

Made in ___ / Assembled in ___:

need to fix this ^^

Made in China / Assembled in USA:
AWE

Made in USA / Assembled in USA:
Modshak products

Made in ___ / Assembled in ___:

Made in Italy/ Assembled in Italy
Brembo Calipers & Rotors

Made in USA
Brembo SS brake lines

allset

Go Kart Champion
Hey Paul, Brembo has manufacturing plants in the US as well, then all over the world to support their respective markets.

they have distribution hubs in the US and Europe. the high end calipers and rotors are made in Italian manufacturing facilities for quality control and because most of their target market is in Europe. Some SS lines, Hats and supporting components are made in the USA and other EU countries.

they have factories that make rotors for oem equipped cars and rotor blanks in China iirc.

Dont confuse it with the typical chinese knockoff Brembos and manufacuring.

The sticker from my Brembo box (the wrong kit for my car which im exchanging).

whole kit # is: 1A5.6002A2 (Left side kit)
other side of sticker says Hat, SS lines made in USA

Last edited: