GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

civic si or mazdaspeed3?

i wouldnt buy either one. (i never intend on buying another civic again)

but since i'm a current honda owner and bias, i'll settle for the civic.
i just never liked mazda :iono:

i'll admitt though, the ms3 is a much better car than the si, in terms of performance.

tell him to drive them both, then he will know, only problem with the ms3 is that the engine falls out...
same reason i dont like mazda

yeah, so....my opinion doesnt mean sh!t.

staulkor

V-Dubber
A honda is still a honda.

Felix

Ready to race!
Consider the new Civic type-R.
Thats a weapon..

Ballinfrogs

Go Kart Champion
I think it is coming to the states actually, but I could be wrong

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
I love torque too much. It's very useful for daily driving. But I'd have to say I like the simplicity,mileage and reliability of honda. They're both good cars though.

Drake87

Ready to race!
i would go ms3 but for all people who say buy a honda get a honda remember buy a mazda you get a ford

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO
Honda FTW. Imo the best cars to tune and also i saw a ms3 on the rode the other day and it was definitely the ugliest car ive ever seen... ever.

In this case though the new si is better looking but slow and the ms3 looks like trash but has some balls... I would go with neither.

edmond

love|lee photography.com
before i bought the GTI, my choices were MS3 or Civic Si. I eliminated the MS3 soley b/c lack of aftermarket support, its a Mazda, and the premium price the dealerships here in Houston were asking for.

I started to lean towards the Si b/c frankly, most magazine gave it a slight edge over the GTI, and second, it was cheaper. The few things that most dont know about Si's are: insurance usually is pretty high for this car, seems like these cars always get stolen (reason insurance is high), and i see them everywhere. Probably what swayed me to get the GTI, plus i've wrenched on civics and subarus in the past, wanted to get my hands into german engineering. Had the car for 1 month, love it, and my first mod was clear corners :)

Ballinfrogs

Go Kart Champion

LBKEN41

Too close for missiles...
If I had to choose between the two, MS3...otherwise get him on the VW train!

Turbo

Ready to race!
I was deciding between the GTI, MS3 and Si too. I'm happy I chose the GTI.

In trying to decide, I made a spreadsheet to help me figure it out. Check out the enclosed PDF of my spreadsheet. Items in green are the best in that row. Items in red are the worst in that row. Maybe this will help your friend decide. Maybe your friend will come to the same conclusion I did--GTI FTW! :thumbup:

Attachments

• Car spreadsheet.pdf
    33.7 KB · Views: 404