GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
More than likely, I'll end up calling around, and just get the powder coating done. The $400 place as a last resort. I'm already $1300 deep on the brake project, what's a little bit more lol.

My car and I just aren't on good terms right now. Between the issue with the calipers, having to swap my full exhaust for inspection, then having to remove the tint from a single window for inspection which has to now be redone... We're fighting right now.

But like I said, I'm just being dramatic at the moment.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
More than likely, I'll end up calling around, and just get the powder coating done. The $400 place as a last resort. I'm already $1300 deep on the brake project, what's a little bit more lol.

My car and I just aren't on good terms right now. Between the issue with the calipers, having to swap my full exhaust for inspection, then having to remove the tint from a single window for inspection which has to now be redone... We're fighting right now.

But like I said, I'm just being dramatic at the moment.

That sucks.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
Bro, I've gotten over this heartbreak, you can too:

1620938982938.png
➡️➡️➡️
1620939002376.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Place number two quoted me $300, and they would handle disassembly and reassembly. They currently have the calipers as I stopped in 5 minutes before they close, and he just needed to verify some stuff with one of the other guys that works there tomorrow. But provided all that holds, $300 and they handle disassembly and reassembly, I'll just give them the go ahead to do it.

TheMuffinMan

Go Kart Newbie
Powdercoating is the proper way to do it IMO.

I think I paid around $300 for mine to be done as well and that included the rebuild and installing the high-temp boots.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
From the C&D article about the mk8 GTI.

"On the back side of the mountain past the Bear Divide parking lot, Little Tujunga's name changes to Sand Canyon and we work the brakes harder. The GTI shares its rotors and single-piston calipers with its predecessor, but VW tuned the new electrically powered brake booster to maintain a firm pedal—something the old car struggled with. Stops from 70 mph take a sports-car-like 151 feet, and given the brakes' lack of fade, we never feared the GTI would lose to the mountain."

New brake booster. Hmmmmmm. Wonder if a retrofit is possible.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
From the C&D article about the mk8 GTI.

"On the back side of the mountain past the Bear Divide parking lot, Little Tujunga's name changes to Sand Canyon and we work the brakes harder. The GTI shares its rotors and single-piston calipers with its predecessor, but VW tuned the new electrically powered brake booster to maintain a firm pedal—something the old car struggled with. Stops from 70 mph take a sports-car-like 151 feet, and given the brakes' lack of fade, we never feared the GTI would lose to the mountain."

New brake booster. Hmmmmmm. Wonder if a retrofit is possible.

Wouldn't bother....its just a cheap work around to give you firm pedal feel whilst the pads are fading as the disc/calipers can't cope....

Basically you'll cook the discs/pads but not feel it .....just VW trying to prove their brakes still give good feel........safe??...walk..no run away from it..:eek:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Wouldn't bother....its just a cheap work around to give you firm pedal feel whilst the pads are fading as the disc/calipers can't cope....

Basically you'll cook the discs/pads but not feel it .....just VW trying to prove their brakes still give good feel........safe??...walk..no run away from it..:eek:

But we wants a hard one... give it to us, Dave.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
But we wants a hard one... give it to us, Dave.

If I wouldn't do it myself I won't recommend it!..... ;) ...

Better of with a 4pot conversion either the ATE or the Brembo calipers...no brake fade.....therefore no requirement to have a booster to hide the fact you have melted your pads & glazed your discs....Fecking marketing BULLSH!T by Muppets....

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
If I wouldn't do it myself I won't recommend it!..... ;) ...

Better of with a 4pot conversion either the ATE or the Brembo calipers...no brake fade.....therefore no requirement to have a booster to hide the fact you have melted your pads & glazed your discs....Fecking marketing BULLSH!T by Muppets....

Dude, we all have the Brembo 4 pots, that's why we want to do this. BBK's seem to give the GTI brake pedal a bit of a softee.

B1mmer

Ready to race!
At least in the TT, with this setup and no electronic changes or in line pressure valves, it actually is better than stock. I only know this as my dad has the same car as mine, but in stock form and I drove them back to back. His pedal engages lower than mine. Once I took off the Stoptech Sports up front and replaced them with Ferodo DS2500’s for street and autocross, I have been nothing but pleased with this setup. We’ll see how I feel after a track day with ST43’s on there. - AB