GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Dude, we all have the Brembo 4 pots, that's why we want to do this. BBK's seem to give the GTI brake pedal a bit of a softee.

That's why the ATE is a better fit as MQB "Golf"....but its better to use pressure valves etc than rely on electric gizmos to firm it up initially to then not have any feeling if the pads fade...

I don't like too many devices to separate the driver from actual "feel"...

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Dude, we all have the Brembo 4 pots, that's why we want to do this. BBK's seem to give the GTI brake pedal a bit of a softee.

I'm going to push another 2+ liters through the system and see if I can get any more air out. The brakes feel fine for daily driving and actually a little better than stock (288mm rotors), but I drove my brother's stock R and his pedal feels way firmer.

I will try hitting the calipers with a rubber mallet to get any air to move closer to the bleeders as well.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
We already have the ability to adjust the brake booster. Just use VCDS or OBDEleven to adjust the settings. There are settings for the hydraulic brake assist and brake booster.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
We already have the ability to adjust the brake booster. Just use VCDS or OBDEleven to adjust the settings. There are settings for the hydraulic brake assist and brake booster.

I've played around quite a bit, still can't get a truly firm pedal.

What settings are you using?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Not making me feel reassured...

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes

I adjusted the brake booster. Used the directions in Post #1 of this thread. I think I also adjusted the hydraulic brake assist, but I can't remember. I'm still on the stock PP calipers, but was able to get them to respond a bit better without the nannies intervening as much

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I adjusted the brake booster. Used the directions in Post #1 of this thread. I think I also adjusted the hydraulic brake assist, but I can't remember. I'm still on the stock PP calipers, but was able to get them to respond a bit better without the nannies intervening as much

BBKs tend to be a little different feel. Glad the settings made the stock PP bakes feel bettrr.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Did you use the red rubber grease and RPV's on your Macan setup?

RPV's not legal for ST class. I did a half assed RRG application without removing the pistons, because they were already assembled, bled and in the car by the time we started talking about RRG.

The reality is, most BBKs have the same issue on this platform.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
RPV's not legal for ST class. I did a half assed RRG application without removing the pistons, because they were already assembled, bled and in the car by the time we started talking about RRG.

The reality is, most BBKs have the same issue on this platform.

The only way to not have it is a PP/R master cylinder (I know is only slightly different in sizes) & the ATE 4pots from the Audi...as then the system is "matched"...or get a pad with more initial bite..

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
Did we actually confirm that there's a different part # for the larger MC? or any other ways to tell if you're going to get the larger one when ordering?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Did we actually confirm that there's a different part # for the larger MC? or any other ways to tell if you're going to get the larger one when ordering?

The GTI/R have the same one regardless of 312mm or 340mm by the looks of it...all other cars even if fitted with 312mm disc get a different one according to some parts systems...but I've seen other info which contradicts it...so its anyone's guess...

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
I still like to keep track of this thread.

Just wanted to give an update to the track folks...I used my Stoptech BBK for the first time last weekend on track, and night/day difference from the macan setup. ST BBK is consistent, in every objective and subjective measure, doesn't fade at all. My confidence has increased tremendously. Some people are spending close to $1500 on this upgrade, I would spend a little more and just get a Stoptech setup that has the right piston size matchup for your vehicle.

Everyone else keep on with these nice looking upgrades for the street or AutoX use

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I still like to keep track of this thread.

Just wanted to give an update to the track folks...I used my Stoptech BBK for the first time last weekend on track, and night/day difference from the macan setup. ST BBK is consistent, in every objective and subjective measure, doesn't fade at all. My confidence has increased tremendously. Some people are spending close to $1500 on this upgrade, I would spend a little more and just get a Stoptech setup that has the right piston size matchup for your vehicle.

Everyone else keep on with these nice looking upgrades for the street or AutoX use

Me and my soon to be $1,600 on my unfinished Macan setup feel personally attacked...