GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cops Trap Scores of Suspected Drag Racers in Parking Lot

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Spoil sports.

They deployed spike strips to stop them escaping
The Clayton County Sheriff's Office in Georgia says 88 suspected street racers were arrested early Sunday after they were surrounded in a parking lot—and the only one who got away left his bumper behind. The metro Atlanta law enforcement agency says that after they received reports of drivers doing stunts in a parking lot outside a Sam's Club, officers surrounded the lot and deployed spike strips to stop the racers getting away, Fox reports. "Of course, some tried to leave, driving over sidewalks and medians attempting to flee but, no worries, we got them, too," officer Aubriel Stroud tells the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

"Once closing off all areas of escape, deputies and officers went from car to car and arrested all 88 of the street racing crew," police said in a statement. Police say four firearms were seized and 48 vehicles were impounded. Some 75 adults were charged with offenses including loitering and prowling. Parents of the 27 juveniles who were present were charged with curfew violations. Police have told the driver who got away to turn himself in. They say the suspect, identified as Eric Gallegos, had the bumper of his Dodge Charger HellCat knocked off in a tactical maneuver by a deputy who terminated the pursuit before entering a more populated area.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
they just did something similar out here in denver about a week ago after street races block 225 the cops started to go in and block parking lots where they gather

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
I work with a teenager who gets involved in with this type of scene. They draw a lot of negative attention and as stories like this propagate, local LEOs will pursue similar actions. Based on what the above states, this seems heavy handed for some people doing donuts. I wonder if they had been eye-balling them for a while and finally were able to keep them corralled in one place to pull it off.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
when they took over 225 out here they had block all the exits for a couple of miles an had over 800 cars blocked so they couldnt get though

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yeah, it’s not really the “street racers”
Causing this Mayhem, it’s this new takeover scene. Bunch of crazy fools in chargers/camaros/older stangs just full on psycho style hot dogging donuts.

“Street racers” still have the street drag roots and meet up on random service type streets on the weekends before dawn- lol

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yeah, it’s not really the “street racers”
Causing this Mayhem, it’s this new takeover scene. Bunch of crazy fools in chargers/camaros/older stangs just full on psycho style hot dogging donuts.

“Street racers” still have the street drag roots and meet up on random service type streets on the weekends before dawn- lol
And not in gigantic groups.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Almost sounds like a regular saturday night.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
There's a group of GTI guys who meet at midnight and go roll racing on the highways around Phoenix. They have guys in the back driving the speed limit and a couple of guys go to the front and roll race. Not much traffic that late and they've been doing it for years. I've never participated but I have a friend who does.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
There's a group of GTI guys who meet at midnight and go roll racing on the highways around Phoenix. They have guys in the back driving the speed limit and a couple of guys go to the front and roll race. Not much traffic that late and they've been doing it for years. I've never participated but I have a friend who does.

"Never participated", hear you loud and clear Jimbo.

giphy-downsized.gif

Gotta show those young thundercats how it's done...

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Not saying I condone it. Just saying I understand this energy and it’s easy too. When I was a teen closest track was over three hours away. A lot of these cities need a proper track, let these cats blow off their steam in a safe environment.

dunno if there’s a proper 1/4 near Atlanta. I imagine there is. City that big should have one.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
I wonder if any innocent bystanders get caught up in these mass arrests.

With my luck I'd be the one guy in the Sam's Club parking lot loading groceries into a modified wagon and then get arrested.
nope they would just see another golf and could never believe what is hideing in plain site