CSB Thread: Mud Getting Desperate At End Of Threads Life

Who should take over CSB2 thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Because OP believes that Bitcoin will continue to rise and rise. $37,999 in cash stays that if you stick it in a bank. You'll see modest increases if you have a high yield savings, and modestly more significant increases if you're investing in ETFs or stocks, but even then, it's slow goings.

Lets use BTC's performance last month. Totally ideal example, of course. If OP accepted $32,999 in Bitcoin one month ago, OP would have about 0.79BTC. That same amount of BTC would be worth ~$51,500 today. That's why OP would give a discount if a buyer pays in BTC, because OP expects this to happen.

If OP had gotten cash asking and stuck $5k in BTC last month, they'd only have ~$46,000 total between cash and BTC today.

Edit: Never mind, misunderstood your question.
I'll leave the math up, though. I guess OP wants to avoid exchange fees. But exchange fees wouldn't be more than $5k on a $38k BTC purchase.... so not really sure why OP is offering such a steep discount.
Besides the fees, it's an incentive he's offering because it will be less hassle all around (for what the seller wants to do w/ the money)

Option A: Get a check, deposit it, wait for it to clear, wire the money to the exchange, then finally be able to purchase the BTC on the exchange, just to turn around and transfer the BTC from the exchange to his digital wallet.
Option B: Send me BTC straight from your wallet to my wallet and call it a day.

Plus BTC is currently setting new all-time-highs so the sooner he can get the bitcoin the better, because it might be an extra $10k+ in a week or two.

Last edited:

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I get that. That's why I'm suggesting why not just pee in the toilet, like a normal person (lol), and not flush until the morning? You know that old saying? If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down. Like that.
I just read this and immediately thought days of thunder idk. Rubbin is racin'

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
It's an incentive he's offering because it will be less hassle all around (for what the seller wants to do w/ the money)

Option A: Get a check, deposit it, wait for it to clear, wire the money to the exchange, then finally be able to purchase the BTC on the exchange (which costs fees as well), just to turn around and transfer the BTC from the exchange to his digital wallet.
Option B: Send me BTC straight from your wallet to my wallet and call it a day.

Plus BTC is currently setting new all-time-highs so the sooner he can get the bitcoin the better, because it might be $10k+ in a week or two.
yeah, but $5k in hassle? I can't see that. $1k? ok, sure.

Daks

Autocross Champion
I get that. That's why I'm suggesting why not just pee in the toilet, like a normal person (lol), and not flush until the morning? You know that old saying? If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down. Like that.
It leaves a ring, but I hear you.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
yeah, but $5k in hassle? I can't see that. $1k? ok, sure.
Well there's also additional fees he'll have to pay if he purchases the BTC through an exchange like Binance/Coinbase, albeit it shouldn't cost him $5k in fees

And you're looking at it with the idea "he can purchase the same amount of bitcoin" which isn't necessarily true if he can sell the car quicker with the $5k discount offer.
For example, around this time last month Bitcoin was worth ~40k. So the car would've earned him nearly an entire bitcoin. But if it takes a few weeks for him to sell the car, well today Bitcoin is worth over $60k. So he essentially just lost $20k by not selling the car last month.

So I get what you're saying, but the seller is looking at it from a completely different perspective. Especially since the USD is plummeting as a result from all the stimulus printing, so not only is Bitcoin climbing in value but the USD is losing value at the same time - hence why he is willing to accept "less" (air quotes) if he gets paid in what he considers to be more valuable

Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
The flushing noise is too loud and it wakes me up - I am a terrible sleeper - and then I can't fall back asleep.

You can get half flush syphons which are virtually silent if it bothers you this much..

Nothing wrong in this...

It leaves a ring, but I hear you.

Really??..your urine if left in the toilet overnight leaves a ring stain on the bowl?...Seriously what the hell are you eating/drinking???

Daks

Autocross Champion
You can get half flush syphons which are virtually silent if it bothers you this much..

Nothing wrong in this...

Really??..your urine if left in the toilet overnight leaves a ring stain on the bowl?...Seriously what the hell are you eating/drinking???
Vinegar

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
He's Canadian...

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
on topic....I had asparagus for lunch.

and in props to myself I don't miss Covid thread. I looked at last post in it once cause I saw it was Jay. I hope not to look again. Not that his post was bad/good it was just there. The hate ended up outweighing the fun

Mud

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Daks: "I JUST WANT TO PEE IN THE SINK, GOD! CAN'T YOU GUYS JUST LET ME PEE IN THE SINK IN PEACE?!?!"

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Absolutely no fucking clue. People do weird shit. I sometimes pee in the sink at night, because I don't want the flushing sound of the toilet to wake me up too much.
at least I don't have to ask if you are married or not.

• Haha
Reactions: WAP

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
on topic....I had asparagus for lunch.

and in props to myself I don't miss Covid thread. I looked at last post in it once cause I saw it was Jay. I hope not to look again. Not that his post was bad/good it was just there. The hate ended up outweighing the fun

Mud

Definitely don't want to pee in the sink after eating asparagus. That stuff makes my pee smell rank...

Status
Not open for further replies.