CSB Thread: Mud Getting Desperate At End Of Threads Life

Who should take over CSB2 thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
It’s likely you are the only one that can’t see it. Maybe because you log in using MK7? 🤷‍♂️

It can't be that. I'm logged in on MK7, and I see it fine 🤷‍♂️

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
qLMoYpl8fZlqrdySuUKD87o0GAc.jpg

So there it is, my GTI's replacement. They'll take care of registration and inspection and whatnot, will get delivered to me on Wednesday or Thursday.

Sales guy was nice enough, but knew nothing about the car and kept on spouting nonsense.

"When you put it in sport more, the compression ratio of the engine changes to make more power. It starts off at 12:1, but sport mode will lower that to 8:1 for more power." - Uhh, first off, no, the engines compression ratio doesn't magically change. And second, that's going the wrong way, higher compression is more power, not lower...

"The DCC is only active in race mode" - Nope.

"It has all wheel drive. It's usually a 50/50 power split, but can send up to 70% torque to the rear wheels when needed " - Guess again.

I didn't bother correcting him.

The finance guy was actually one of the easiest finance guys I've worked with. Name was Chad and looked like Martin Feeeman. "I'm not going to try to sell you a warrant on a non-new car. Do you want a warranty?". That was his entire sales pitch. The car actually comes with a 5 year / up to 100k mile powertrain warranty, so I declined. Probably helped that it was 20 minutes before closing time.

Sad to trade in the GTI, but looking forward to getting the R 😀

Phur

Autocross Champion
View attachment 237613

So there it is, my GTI's replacement. They'll take care of registration and inspection and whatnot, will get delivered to me on Wednesday or Thursday.

Sales guy was nice enough, but knew nothing about the car and kept on spouting nonsense.

"When you put it in sport more, the compression ratio of the engine changes to make more power. It starts off at 12:1, but sport mode will lower that to 8:1 for more power." - Uhh, first off, no, the engines compression ratio doesn't magically change. And second, that's going the wrong way, higher compression is more power, not lower...

"It has all wheel drive. It's usually a 50/50 power split, but can send up to 70% torque to the rear wheels when needed " - Guess again.

The finance guy was actually one of the easiest finance guys I've worked with. Name was Chad and looked like Martin Feeeman. "I'm not going to try to sell you a warrant on a non-new car. Do you want a warranty?". That was his entire sales pitch. The car actually comes with a 5 year / up to 100k mile powertrain warranty, so I declined. Probably helped that it was 20 minutes before closing time.

And Pretorias! 😍

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Already have my first order in from FCP. Ordered the harness for my Helix euro tails. Would rather pay the $67 than deal with taking my hatch trim off to remove my existing harness.

Will buy some fresh Ruth's because it looks like the coil packs have never been removed and it could probably use some fresh plugs. Will do a compression test at the same time and make sure it's all kosher.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Already have my first order in from FCP. Ordered the harness for my Helix euro tails. Would rather pay the $67 than deal with taking my hatch trim off to remove my existing harness.

Will buy some fresh Ruth's because it looks like the coil packs have never been removed and it could probably use some fresh plugs. Will do a compression test at the same time and make sure it's all kosher.
Scope the cylinders too. Compression can read good and still have cylinder damage. Ask me how I know ;)

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

Ruths?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Scope the cylinders too. Compression can read good and still have cylinder damage. Ask me how I know ;)

Can you send me the pic/clip of yours? I was actually looking for it the last time I scoped the cylinders in my GTI, but the original link in the thread where you posted it doesn't work.

And I planned on it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

Corprin

Autocross Champion
View attachment 237613

Flappy or rower?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Status
Not open for further replies.