GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Damn, I bought an old lens from a Japanese camera store that described it very favorably. Lots and lots of photos, lens looked to be in great condition.

I get it today and the lens barrel is loose. Turning the focus ring or the aperture ring feels like gear slop. The whole glass stack wobbles, even under just gravity. I reached out to the shop to propose a partial refund to cover repair.

Man, I usually have very good experiences with Japanese camera shops. They typically are very critical in their descriptions of used gear, but they end up being in incredibly mint condition when I receive them. Which I guess, cosmetically, this lens is in excellent condition. The glass is incredibly clear as well -- no scratches, haze, dusts or fungus. Good shape for a 40 year old lens, other than the loose barrel... hoping there are just a couple screws in there that need tightening.
Bummer

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Don't worry, they'll overnight you a replacement.

Overnighting parts from Japan?!?

I don't think he has black market TV\VCR combo money...

torga

Autocross Champion
i guess i can put underglow on my car if i must...

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
funny if you don't think about it CSB

Mrs Mud (retired) asks "how much vacation do you have left?"
Me (6 days week/52-55 hrs) "I think I have 72 hrs left"
Mrs Mud "You should save some and sell it back"

I took Friday off, we had a date. I thought it went well. Obviously I am just a stupid man.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
funny if you don't think about it CSB

Mrs Mud (retired) asks "how much vacation do you have left?"
Me (6 days week/52-55 hrs) "I think I have 72 hrs left"
Mrs Mud "You should save some and sell it back"

I took Friday off, we had a date. I thought it went well. Obviously I am just a stupid man.
My vacation hours reset in August and I burned through them all before Thanksgiving. I still need to take some days off though...the last few paychecks have really sucked.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Status
Not open for further replies.