GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I swapped GTI PP brakes almost 2 years ago. I need pads and rotors. But these Macan brakes really got me thinkin…

Also - bone in wings are way better. Anybody that says otherwise just can’t admit they’re a child eating nuggies.
I'll admit it, when you admit you're a n00b that doesn't know how to mod their car the right way 🤷

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Row the bones, Jay.
"It's faster"
"I just don't want the extra work"
Sound familiar?
And flats are superior
Oooo, a fellow flat enthusiast. I think it's the extra skin/fat that crisps up. They just taste better. Harder to dip though.
Listen.

I'm going out for wings either tonight or tomorrow. Don't be a little bitch and PM me your address, and I'll buy a bottle of actually good wing sauce and send it to you. If you still then claim that BWW's Thai Curry is god's gift to chicken, I'll drop it since I know you've tried an actual good wing sauce.
Their Thai Curry sauce really is pretty damn good. Interestingly, their regular old wing sauce is awful though.

My wife wanted to go out last night and after all the wing talk, I decided I wanted some Thai Curry sauce and ended up at BWW. It was boneless wing BOGO night, so I went for the nuggets. So disappointing. I think the breading just doesn't play nice with the curry sauce, because I love it on the real wings.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
someone with skills needs to do a Venn diagram:

1. wing preference
2. MT/DSG
3. Sit/stand

DangerDane2008

Drag Racing Champion
That’s fair.

Something wrong with the Macan brakes? Or the fact that I didn’t do it the first time and bought PP brakes? Because I got pads, rotors, plate, everything out the door for under $400 and homie delivered the shit to my work. And it was a substantial difference over my stock GSW TDI brakes.

I never upgraded the brakes on my Jeeps and in hind sight that was REALLY stupid

DangerDane2008

Drag Racing Champion
Oooo, a fellow flat enthusiast. I think it's the extra skin/fat that crisps up. They just taste better. Harder to dip though.
I’ve never thought about it but I actually think that’s why I like em better. Also I don’t dip. Hot + lemon pepper sprinkle don’t need no dip.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
That’s fair.

Something wrong with the Macan brakes? Or the fact that I didn’t do it the first time and bought PP brakes? Because I got pads, rotors, plate, everything out the door for under $400 and homie delivered the shit to my work. And it was a substantial difference over my stock GSW TDI brakes.

I never upgraded the brakes on my Jeeps and in hind sight that was REALLY stupid
Your stock brakes would be better than macans. Bigger doesn't mean better, squishy terrible feeling pedal, and you're upsetting the bias in ways that will make the car handle like shit during trail braking when cornering.

They're a cheap ricer alternative bbk for bling only. If that's what you're after youre doing it wrong.

DangerDane2008

Drag Racing Champion
Your stock brakes would be better than macans. Bigger doesn't mean better, squishy terrible feeling pedal, and you're upsetting the bias in ways that will make the car handle like shit during trail braking when cornering.

They're a cheap ricer alternative bbk for bling only. If that's what you're after youre doing it wrong.
I hadnt looked into it a lot yet. It’s just something I thought about randomly since I knew I needed to do my brakes soon. But Looks like I’ll just get a good set of rotors and some hawk pads for what I’ve got now then.

dtfd

Autocross Champion

Tell me you don't how to bleed brakes without telling me you don't know how to bleed brakes. By your logic any brake/caliper upgrade would be bad unless you swap the master cylinder with the...one....from...the...RS3...which...is.....exactly the same part?

My macans don't feel any different than my stock 312mm felt.
RRG + proper bleeding goes a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.