GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Just finished routing the cable for my front and rear dash cam. Screw all that with white trim and headliner, now I've got to go and try to clean all these damn finger print marks off. Happy with the A pillar, b and c are kinda meh because I couldn't get the trim all the way off so I did a lazy stuff. I'll probably never see it again.

Anyhow. Front camera is center and rear is offset behind the driver slightly, right?

Been awhile since I installed one.
Dont think rear location matters as much given the wide angle most of them have.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Dont think rear location matters as much given the wide angle most of them have.
True. I'm going to button everything up and plug them in and check the visual on the app before final application just to make sure.

DD Pai also needs to rethink their hardwire harness. This is not fun to try to shove under the headliner. They could have had longer lead to the front camera and put the rear camera attachment further back by the fuses. Would have been much easier.
20220419_164753.jpg

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Random question. I've got a capture button that came with the kit. Pretty much to either trigger it to save a picture or video. Where is a good place to mount it?

I thought about the wheel, but there isn't really a good spot unless I wanted to put it behind the 3 or 9 positions near the paddles.

Thought about where the start/stop button is on kessy vehicles, just don't know that I'll remember to hit it if needed. 🤔

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I'm sure there's a niche out there of weird dudes who'll pay for that.

How badly do you want to pay off that big turbo quickly?
Pretty badly. Want a toothbrush?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Random question. I've got a capture button that came with the kit. Pretty much to either trigger it to save a picture or video. Where is a good place to mount it?

I thought about the wheel, but there isn't really a good spot unless I wanted to put it behind the 3 or 9 positions near the paddles.

Thought about where the start/stop button is on kessy vehicles, just don't know that I'll remember to hit it if needed. 🤔
Is it wired?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Status
Not open for further replies.