GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Seriously.

We are not even close on being able to electrify even the smallest percentage of vehicles.

If our goal was to electrify our shipping fleets we'd make more progress than trying to force expensive vehicles on a country that can't afford them.

We can't really talk about it here, this is just pure politics. EVs are bad for the environment in a totally different way than ICE cars, but they're still bad for it.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Seriously.

We are not even close on being able to electrify even the smallest percentage of vehicles.

If our goal was to electrify our shipping fleets we'd make more progress than trying to force expensive vehicles on a country that can't afford them.

We can't really talk about it here, this is just pure politics. EVs are bad for the environment in a totally different way than ICE cars, but they're still bad for it.
Dude if 50% of the planet went ev. The planet would be toast. People really do not grasp how bad ev’s are. The production and harvesting of materials for those batteries accumulates pollution in such an invisible way.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Seriously.

You're not getting it.

First we mine all the lithium to make the batteries. Then when we've overloaded our electrical grid we reopen the coal fired plants to fill that demand and start using coal again.

Then we blame plastic straws for the problems we're having.

Environment saved.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
I said rev hang sucks. Jay loves it tho I think

I said the gearing in the manual sucks. Jay hasn’t defended the gearing yet but I feel if he was going to he would’ve by now.

jay reminds me of this guy I knew with a pony tail named sp00ner. I think sp00ner was from chi town too, west side iirc
He was from the west side and had a mk7?

Who did he steal it from?

messrock

Autocross Champion
You're not getting it.

First we mine all the lithium to make the batteries. Then when we've overloaded our electrical grid we reopen the coal fired plants to fill that demand and start using coal again.

Then we blame plastic straws for the problems we're having.

Environment saved.
I currently grab fistfuls of straws at Dunks just to save me from the places that give me the paper straws that turn to pulp in 10 minutes.

Once my house is back in order, back to reusable metal straws. I just can’t find them right now.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
There is an answer for the future of cars sitting in front of us for a long time, hydrogen. The best part about it is that hydrogen can be used to power electric cars (hydrogen fuel cell vehicles) or can straight up just replace gasoline and be used with ICE vehicles (BMW 7 H, Mazda RX-8 Hydrogen). And you think ethanol is jungle juice? Try hydrogen.

The only thing that comes out the tailpipe, is water vapor. I can't wait until we start seeing politicians talk about how that water vapor will make the world more humid and that's we need to stick with [insert special interest group here]

The issue with hydrogen? Well first it's an expensive process to get the hydrogen all on its own. There are some manufacturing processes that have hydrogen as a byproduct but not enough of that exists to power a lot of vehicles. Second once you do get it on its own you need special tanks to house the stuff because, well, it's volatile. Like really volatile. Cleaning out old gas storage tanks and repurposing isn't going to do the trick, you'd have to build nationwide infrastructure to carry/hold the liquid hydrogen. Third, again, it's expensive. Right now it costs 4x as much for a gallon of hydrogen compares to a gallon of gas, but obviously that price would drop if there was enough investment into it.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
I currently grab fistfuls of straws at Dunks just to save me from the places that give me the paper straws that turn to pulp in 10 minutes.

Once my house is back in order, back to reusable metal straws. I just can’t find them right now.
A few years ago my S/O's brother got me a pack of metal straws. I still use them to this day because those paper straws drive me mad. Honestly I'd rather have a rolled wafer stick as a straw, at least then it would be delicious when it falls apart.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
There is an answer for the future of cars sitting in front of us for a long time, hydrogen. The best part about it is that hydrogen can be used to power electric cars (hydrogen fuel cell vehicles) or can straight up just replace gasoline and be used with ICE vehicles (BMW 7 H, Mazda RX-8 Hydrogen). And you think ethanol is jungle juice? Try hydrogen.

The only thing that comes out the tailpipe, is water vapor. I can't wait until we start seeing politicians talk about how that water vapor will make the world more humid and that's we need to stick with [insert special interest group here]

The issue with hydrogen? Well first it's an expensive process to get the hydrogen all on its own. There are some manufacturing processes that have hydrogen as a byproduct but not enough of that exists to power a lot of vehicles. Second once you do get it on its own you need special tanks to house the stuff because, well, it's volatile. Like really volatile. Cleaning out old gas storage tanks and repurposing isn't going to do the trick, you'd have to build nationwide infrastructure to carry/hold the liquid hydrogen. Third, again, it's expensive. Right now it costs 4x as much for a gallon of hydrogen compares to a gallon of gas, but obviously that price would drop if there was enough investment into it.
That synthetic fuel Porsche developed is interesting too

messrock

Autocross Champion
A few years ago my S/O's brother got me a pack of metal straws. I still use them to this day because those paper straws drive me mad. Honestly I'd rather have a rolled wafer stick as a straw, at least then it would be delicious when it falls apart.
Chocolate straw. Coffee, milk, decadence. Living like a god damn queen.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
I said rev hang sucks. Jay loves it tho I think

I said the gearing in the manual sucks. Jay hasn’t defended the gearing yet but I feel if he was going to he would’ve by now.

jay reminds me of this guy I knew with a pony tail named sp00ner. I think sp00ner was from chi town too, west side iirc
You're still ranting about the gearing? We discussed this already like a year ago, you said shifting near redline in the 6spd takes you out of the powerband, and I showed you a video that proved that to be wrong (shifted at 6k in 2nd to 4.5k in 3rd) and you're still in denial :ROFLMAO:

It's a FWD car with a lot of torque - you WANT that tall gearing in order to put the power down better

As far as rev hang goes - other than a slight delay upshifting into 2nd, it's never been an issue. Although I have seen videos of newer models (2019+) where the rev hang is noticeably worse.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion

Silicone straws are where it's at. I have a bunch of these, keep a clean one in a plastic bag in the car, just in case I go somewhere with paper straws.
Silicone Straws - Slender Size BPA Free Non-Rubber Silicon Reusable Drinking Straws https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N1ZKZE4/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_MN3H20F0TN31BT88R0GR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Also, Starbucks was hilarious with their first attempt to reduce plastic waste. They switched to sippy lids to eliminate the straw, but then put one of those plastic stir stick/cap combo things on your drink instead.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I like my paper straws individually wrapped in plastic.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
You're still ranting about the gearing? We discussed this already like a year ago, you said shifting near redline in the 6spd takes you out of the powerband, and I showed you a video that proved that to be wrong (shifted at 6k in 2nd to 4.5k in 3rd) and you're still in denial :ROFLMAO:

It's a FWD car with a lot of torque - you WANT that tall gearing in order to put the power down better

As far as rev hang goes - other than a slight delay upshifting into 2nd, it's never been an issue. Although I have seen videos of newer models (2019+) where the rev hang is noticeably worse.
I’ve no idea who you’re confusing me for. I’d rather have shorter gearing and have a stage 1 tune that can pull a bit more boost in second vs running a long ass gear. Cuz the way I see it, this long second exists for magazine numbers.

I love the revhang deniers. It’s not so bad. What rev hang. Do this that and the other and you barely feel it. Bla bla

edit: my second gear on the 7 speed is short as fuck. Even stock with the shitty stock tires. Traction was fine 🤷🏽‍♂️

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.