GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Someone near me plays bag pipes randomly. Idk if it’s a recording or actual bag pipes.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I don’t mind Creed

and like Nickleback.

🫠

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
My shitty laptop speakers can barely drown out the music in my office. I just closed the door which is helping but I'm too lazy to walk around the house closing every window to turn on AC.
It's in the upper 90s today. No way in hell the windows would be open and a/c off today. Not for the next 5 months probably The way KY weather is.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Maybe i haven't lived yet, but i'm not sure i can think of ever having truly insulted anyone.
The closest that I have come was a guy that I worked with forever ago. The guy was just odd, always laughing at things he said that we’re not remotely funny (I’m not the only one that felt that way.)

He said something “funny?” and when I had zero reaction at all he said “What’s the matter? Don’t you have a sense of humor?”
I replied, “No. I do have a sense of humor. That is the problem.”

He was not amused.
🤷‍♂️

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car update:
DKM clutch is gone, Sachs clutch is in. It was the TOB that had failed, clutch/flywheel/PP were all fine, meaning the terrible NVH and crappy engagement feel in first were just "features". Glad to be done with it.
The Sachs clutch and DMF feel like stock; light, slightly vague, high engagement point, but quiet and easy to operate smoothly. Put the clutch stop on today and I'm very happy with it now. The biggest difference is the NVH though; even with stage 1 BFI mounts, it's very quiet and civilized. Still breaking it in, but so far so good.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car update:
DKM clutch is gone, Sachs clutch is in. It was the TOB that had failed, clutch/flywheel/PP were all fine, meaning the terrible NVH and crappy engagement feel in first were just "features". Glad to be done with it.
The Sachs clutch and DMF feel like stock; light, slightly vague, high engagement point, but quiet and easy to operate smoothly. Put the clutch stop on today and I'm very happy with it now. The biggest difference is the NVH though; even with stage 1 BFI mounts, it's very quiet and civilized. Still breaking it in, but so far so good.

Reported for car talk.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Reported for car talk.
More car talk:
6 year old batteries are bad news in these cars 😂
I had been getting some weird faults occasionally a year or so ago (adaptive lighting error, cruise control unavailable, etc), but never investigated them because they were super infrequent and would clear when I turned off the car. They started happening almost every time I drive recently, but I was mostly ignoring them until I replaced the battery, figuring that had something to do with it. All of them have stopped since installing the new battery.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
More car talk:
6 year old batteries are bad news in these cars 😂
I had been getting some weird faults occasionally a year or so ago (adaptive lighting error, cruise control unavailable, etc), but never investigated them because they were super infrequent and would clear when I turned off the car. They started happening almost every time I drive recently, but I was mostly ignoring them until I replaced the battery, figuring that had something to do with it. All of them have stopped since installing the new battery.
So swap the battery every 5 years?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Oh I'm with you I purposely picked out Night Blue because it was the best colour.

What I didn't know was that VW would release CFB the year after I buy a brand new Night Blue GTI.
I bought an 18 S, because real car guys buy manual transmissions and no sunroof, then they announced the 19 Rabbit.

Easy solution, sell my sons Mazda 3, give him the 18, and buy a 19 Rabbit.

I convinced my wife the 18 S was safer, roomier, and had 7/72 warranty, and the rest is history.

I've keep the 19 Rabbit longer than I originally thought I would, because it's such a great package. I've stopped DDing it at this point, and we'll see how it goes. Only car I've ever kept more than 4 years was my Corrado. It made it 1993 to 2003, until a garbage truck cremed it. After driving a protuned IS38 GTI, I'm thinking I might go that direction and keep it longterm.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
After driving a protuned IS38 GTI, I'm thinking I might go that direction and keep it longterm.

Bro. You can't even be assed to install an intercooler. Just words on the internet :ROFLMAO:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Status
Not open for further replies.