GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
too good not to share here. don't know if this is plastidip or real paint but either way, jesus fuck is this bad. there is no recovery for this carnage

i can hear fonzi from dipyour car now "today on dipyourcar.com, plastidipping my S8 with zero knowledge of how to paint anything!"
1656523259902.png

1656523268012.png

1656523276447.png

1656523283399.png

1656523297562.png

1656523305988.png

1656523312605.png

1656523319431.png

1656523326538.png

1656523289512.png

torga

Autocross Champion
too good not to share here. don't know if this is plastidip or real paint but either way, jesus fuck is this bad. there is no recovery for this carnage

i can hear fonzi from dipyour car now "today on dipyourcar.com, plastidipping my S8 with zero knowledge of how to paint anything!"
View attachment 253891
View attachment 253892
View attachment 253893
View attachment 253894
View attachment 253896
View attachment 253897
View attachment 253898
View attachment 253899
View attachment 253900
View attachment 253895

:sick: :sick: the yikiest yikes that has ever yiked

vu.

Autocross Champion
Not sure where on the mitten you live but you must hate living there

I reside in West Michigan, specifically Ottawa County. If I had a choice I would either move to Seattle or Florida.

Seattle:
Pros: Rain, rain, rain, and plenty of overcast. Winters there aren't too harsh and usually is no colder than 40 degrees during the time.

Cons: Hardly any sun.

Florida:
Pros: Always warm and sunny. 99% of the time it is usually hot and I love that.

Cons: Hurricanes.

vu.

Autocross Champion
My sister has an SRT202 and she loves it. Holy shit, is it heavy! I have an X-700 that I never really enjoyed using. Plus it needs new seals and I'm lazy. I have an Agfa 535 that I use all the time. And I'm about to pick up a Yashica Electro 35 GSN from a local guy.

It sure is heavy that's for sure! I love it because it is such a classic item. I forgot to mention that I also have a cheap point and shoot as well, its the Ilford Sprite 35-II and I have that with me everywhere I go.

Made out of cheap plastic but I just love 35mm let alone film photography.

torga

Autocross Champion
It sure is heavy that's for sure! I love it because it is such a classic item. I forgot to mention that I also have a cheap point and shoot as well, its the Ilford Sprite 35-II and I have that with me everywhere I go.

Made out of cheap plastic but I just love 35mm let alone film photography.

Yup, that's exactly how I treat my Agfa. It's small (fits in a jacket pocket), and surprisingly high quality for the price. Metal body with "rough" plastic coating, huuuuuge bright viewfinder, 40mm f/2.8 lens, variable shutter speed (1/500 down to a few seconds), pretty versatile 3 zone focus with manual override. I love this thing so much.

Some recent shots from the Agfa, the first two are Portra 400, the last one is Tri-X.
000004950025.jpeg

000004950037.jpeg

000065550007.jpeg

Last edited:

vu.

Autocross Champion
Yup, that's exactly how I treat my Agfa. It's small (fits in a jacket pocket), and surprisingly high quality for the price. Metal body with "rough" plastic coating, huuuuuge bright viewfinder, 40mm f/2.8 lens, variable shutter speed (1/500 down to a few seconds), pretty versatile 3 zone focus with manual override. I love this thing so much.

Some recent shots.
View attachment 253906

View attachment 253907

View attachment 253908

Killer shots man. I am still a novice but I got a few decent pictures I took in December of last year that I'll have to show you later when I get back home.

Do you develop your film as well? I am going to have to start doing that myself since there isn't any camera shops nearby that can even do that for me.

torga

Autocross Champion
Killer shots man. I am still a novice but I got a few decent pictures I took in December of last year that I'll have to show you later when I get back home.

Do you develop your film as well? I am going to have to start doing that myself since there isn't any camera shops nearby that can even do that for me.

Thanks!
There's actually a dev lab on the bottom floor of my building, pretty lucky there. I've been tryna bug my friend to teach me how to develop -- he's got all the chemicals and such. We signed up for a film printing class at the end of July I'm pretty stoked for. They're gonna teach us how to do all the fine tuning to negatives to get nice prints.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Just got back from picking up lunch at Arbys. The lady in the drive-thru was getting bitched at because they didn't stir his lemonade well enough.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
you know you're old when you think kids are idiots
As long as we're mocking the 'yutes...
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gen-z-work-five-days-office-173640467.html

Coupled with:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...college-grads-salary-expectations/9656696002/

And this:
https://www.npr.org/2022/06/29/1108109505/job-cuts-layoffs-economy-recession

TLDR: College age kids believe they should get paid 2x the going rate for their industry, while working less than 5 days a week in the middle of what's about to be a full blown recession. There's a whole lotta kids about to get a hard dose of reality.

6la0ak.jpg

vu.

Autocross Champion
Thanks!
There's actually a dev lab on the bottom floor of my building, pretty lucky there. I've been tryna bug my friend to teach me how to develop -- he's got all the chemicals and such. We signed up for a film printing class at the end of July I'm pretty stoked for. They're gonna teach us how to do all the fine tuning to negatives to get nice prints.

That's pretty damn awesome man! You got a certain film that you like to use the most? Or are you open to whatever you can utilize?
The trend nowadays is Kodak Portra 400 or Gold 200 so it is literally impossible to get any local or online as far as I could see.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

View attachment 253891
View attachment 253892
View attachment 253893
View attachment 253894
View attachment 253896
View attachment 253897
View attachment 253898
View attachment 253899
View attachment 253900
View attachment 253895
That poor audi.

Looks like rattle can paint. Done during a wind storm on a humid day.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I reside in West Michigan, specifically Ottawa County. If I had a choice I would either move to Seattle or Florida.

Seattle:
Pros: Rain, rain, rain, and plenty of overcast. Winters there aren't too harsh and usually is no colder than 40 degrees during the time.

Cons: Hardly any sun.

Florida:
Pros: Always warm and sunny. 99% of the time it is usually hot and I love that.

Cons: Hurricanes. Florida people.
Ftfy

Status
Not open for further replies.