GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
JBC's were an awesome value when they were $1. Now they're almost $3 at my local Wendy's. WTF. All hamburger based fast food restaurants have lost their goddamn minds with pricing.

They still have the $4 for 4 and $5 biggie bag tho.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
it was such a complicated decision to perform the basement finishing under permit. Ultimately, seems if you do it under permit and are subject to the inspections, you can claim the square footage etc, in case we ever riceburner the house. If we didn't permit it, we risk needing to tear it down

I thought finished basements do not add to the square footage? At least I don’t think they do here in DE.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
They still have the $4 for 4 and $5 biggie bag tho.

They do. But I don't want their fries and chicken nuggets. I want 3x JBCs for $3.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
But claiming the square footage would increase your property size, which in turn increases your property taxes no?
In MA, property below grade on all sides is not counted in your total property size. In other words, it needs to be accessible from the outside. A hatchway doesn't count. It also has to have the same utilities as the other floors, i.e. electric, plumbing, heating, air conditioning, etc.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
passed hvac, building and electrical inspections!

Only pending the plumbing inspection now. Simple!

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Correct most likely, unfortunately
I gotta admit I failed to see the benefit here.

A future buyer would pay more for a finished basement, regardless if it was included in the listed square footage of the home or not. That's taken into account when you're looking at comps. A future buyer would also pay less for a similarly sized property that has more square footage listed due to the higher tax bill.

This means at the end of the day adding the square footage to the home has, at best, no effect at all but in real terms it means higher tax bills and possibility a lower final sale price when you sell the home.

The only logical reason I can see for this is if the town you live in requires it and it was unavoidable.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
I gotta admit I failed to see the benefit here.

A future buyer would pay more for a finished basement, regardless if it was included in the listed square footage of the home or not. That's taken into account when you're looking at comps. A future buyer would also pay less for a similarly sized property that has more square footage listed due to the higher tax bill.

This means at the end of the day adding the square footage to the home has, at best, no effect at all but in real terms it means higher tax bills and possibility a lower final sale price when you sell the home.

The only logical reason I can see for this is if the town you live in requires it and it was unavoidable.
I would not pay more for a finished basement, but that's just me. Shop space is much more valuable.

messrock

Autocross Champion
JBC's were an awesome value when they were $1. Now they're almost $3 at my local Wendy's. WTF. All hamburger based fast food restaurants have lost their goddamn minds with pricing.
Memories of 19¢ hamburgers and 29¢ cheeseburgers and McDonald’s in 1992. The dream team was at the Olympics. Civilization was thriving.

messrock

Autocross Champion
it was such a complicated decision to perform the basement finishing under permit. Ultimately, seems if you do it under permit and are subject to the inspections, you can claim the square footage etc, in case we ever riceburner the house. If we didn't permit it, we risk needing to tear it down
Where I’m at we can do all the wiring and plumbing ourselves without a permit. The only thing we would have needed a permit for was for structural. Since we paid people, they needed permits.

Also - love the inset shelves in the shower. Wish we did that. We also opted not to do the built-in fuck bench. Figured if we break something that’s removable it’s cheaper in the long run.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
i really want some jbcs right now but im glad ive got -$5 in my acct until friday bc id mess them up

Just head behind the Wendy's dumpster. I'm sure you can earn some 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.