GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Sterkrazzys Five Page Dissertation - TLDR He Got A Flat Tire

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I was told I'd be getting an offer letter by EOD...

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
I was told I'd be getting an offer letter by EOD...

Inspecting your latest IATF zhongzhong order be like:

1712939467608.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
You can tell someone's background pretty easily by how they interpret EOD.

If they think it means "end of day", they've been in an office their whole life.

If they think it means "explosive ordinance disposal" they've spent time in the military.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Got my offer letter in, looks like I'm going to be @jay745's new boss

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
That just doesn't make sense. That would mean that you could just copy the file, send it to a different AP (share it to your friend), that way they can run the tune. Thereby eliminating the need of actually buying a tune from a tuner. Thus the locking of a tune file to a specific vin. Right?
The cobb base tunes yeah, you get those no matter what, but custom ones (eqt stg 1, stratified protune, sneeky ak47 tune) are vin specific? Idk, I didn't share my vin info, but I did share the AP reader info when I submitted the stratified form for a toon.
Edit: It seems tunes are locked to a device. (only one AP can have that tune... it won't work on other APs)
Follow up: I wonder if someone can crack the encryption and change the AP serial signature to trick the tune file into thinking its on the right AP, thus sharing maps. I wondah
Cobb can update AP to correct ROM. Cost $150. I'm using my AP from my mk7.5 for my mk8.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
You can tell someone's background pretty easily by how they interpret EOD.

If they think it means "end of day", they've been in an office their whole life.

If they think it means "explosive ordinance disposal" they've spent time in the military.
What if it they think it means end of day explosive ordinance disposal?

clownish

just clowning around
That's annoying.

Conversely, I keep debating the merits of working remote in a silicon valley job, and living in PA. COL is super different, I could finally afford a 944.

that would be ideal. hybrid, not fully remote. i don't particularly want to move, but shes getting into graduate schools and seattle is 1 of 2 top choices. great geographical area, terrible area IMO to live in. just a couple years but either we do some sort of long distance thing and i stay behind or we fully move for a couple years and i find a new job. my current employer is happy to make some allowances, but we arent big enough to support the west coast when the entirety of our employees exist on the east coast, with some in mountain time.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
U gonna kart with us brah? If so, bring your A-game

Btw, when we goin?? 981 u leading this?
Unfortunately things have been hellaciously busy for me in personal life, so I'm hoping that will calm down just a little so that I can work out a plan with Nat to figure out a good date. But yeah, looking like karts are still the plan.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
acadia got a new job? promotion? woah i'm out of the loop

riceburner

Autocross Champion
everyones getting new jobs/roles (gtifan99?) and some are losing jobs (clownish) what a crazy time we are in!