GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Daily Driving stick sucks rant.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
I'm 48 with arthritis in my left knee. It hasn't stopped me yet. Maybe in another 10 years I'll be ready for an automatic. :iono:
[emoji2] this guy!!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion
well im glad im not the one that started this thread, or am the only one that feels this way. literally the reason why im so over this car. if i had DSG it would be a whole different ball game...

get MT they said, it will be fun, they said....

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
bro, your vagina is showing.
This!!! Lol the manual in this car is pretty sweet I love it and by far the best I have driven so far. I do also have two cars just in case I don't feel like driving manual which has not happened all summer leaving the battery in my Buick dead.

Regardless Jesus trade in for a mk7 dsg with the PP and enjoy the VW again.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
These types of things happen to old people. You are 19. Get your ass to a gym and do some leg extensions:laugh:

^This. Squats will help too.

I hear people say this and I quite frankly just don't understand it. I drive in stop and go in chicago back and forth to the burbs twice a day and I still don't mind stick. To each their own though I guess.

^This.

what a bitch lol.

-los angeles commuter w/ lightweight single mass flywheel + stage 3 clutch

^This.

^This.

Not driving stick chops 6" off your dick. I mean if you're packing a foot long then sure go ahead this way at least you'll be able to put it in our girls butt. If you're not everyone will just laugh at you.

^Hi Max

Do the bump stop until you trade it in. That being said, I love my DSG coming from a 6SP MK6 GTI. It's an amazing transmission and much appreciated coming from the manual.

^This. It helps so much. Also get a stiffer clutch, but only after you strengthen your legs.

agreed. clutch stop, solid shifter bushings, solid bracket bushings, short shifter, and weighted knob greatly improved my shifting experience.

Did you start this thread so you could post a giant picture of your car that you think is cool?

I think so.

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion
This!!! Lol the manual in this car is pretty sweet I love it and by far the best I have driven so far. I do also have two cars just in case I don't feel like driving manual which has not happened all summer leaving the battery in my Buick dead.

Regardless Jesus trade in for a mk7 dsg with the PP and enjoy the VW again.

if i could, cant trade this sucker in, it would be a major money loss. car is worth thousands less than i owe now.

plus next car will be a tesla more than likely when the new smaller model comes out. no more shifting for this lazy man!

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
if i could, cant trade this sucker in, it would be a major money loss. car is worth thousands less than i owe now.

plus next car will be a tesla more than likely when the new smaller model comes out. no more shifting for this lazy man!
Damn shame lol

But Tesla is sick interested on how much maintenance will be on one of those bad boys

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
I'm 43 years old, have two horribly bad knees from 13 years of Airborne Paratrooper operations in the US army, and drive 125 miles a day round-trip in Washington DC traffic, some of the worst in the country...

Still driving my manual... What were your complaints again? :D

Last edited:

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Complains about clutch in GTI... you must not have driven any other car. My Rex's clutch feels like you're leg pressing 1000lbs with just your left leg. (and I live in LA)

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion
I'm 43 years old, have two horribly bad knees from 13 years of Airborne Paratrooper operations in the US army, and drive 125 miles a day round-trip in Washington DC traffic, some of the worst in the country...

Still driving my manual... What were your complaints again? :D

damn so im not the only one driving 120plus miles a day. good to know too.

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion
Damn shame lol

But Tesla is sick interested on how much maintenance will be on one of those bad boys

technically very minor minor maintenance. another reason why. no having to change oil and all that BS. again, a car made just for me. get in the car, and drive. eventually it will drive me too... bonus points.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
technically very minor minor maintenance. another reason why. no having to change oil and all that BS. again, a car made just for me. get in the car, and drive. eventually it will drive me too... bonus points.

having the car down for several hours a week while its charging seems like more work than basic maintenance on a normal car

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion
having the car down for several hours a week while its charging seems like more work than basic maintenance on a normal car

charge it while sleeping? i dont do anything in my car while i sleep. not sure your point here jay. not that hard im sure to plug it in when you get home.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
charge it while sleeping? i dont do anything in my car while i sleep. not sure your point here jay. not that hard im sure to plug it in when you get home.
You have to solve a rubix cube before it lets you plug it in.......