GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dbilas Flowmaster or Forge Intake or K&N Typhoon

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
So, are you really very sure that APR is building/promising the TSI CAI for the FSI motor?

If so I would want that kit more than the Dbilas.

Let me know if this is for real, or here say.

Thanks

Nothing more than hearsay for now, though Arin did mention it in the announce thread.

As it stands I'm tempted to get the APR airbox and filter and mount that to front of my dbilas tubing.

40valvesgone

Passed Driver's Ed
I wonder

Nothing more than hearsay for now, though Arin did mention it in the announce thread.

As it stands I'm tempted to get the APR airbox and filter and mount that to front of my dbilas tubing.

I wonder if we're all just a bunch of suckers when it comes to these CAI's?

If you pay 300 for what APR has now, or VF, or EVOMS, etc...do you really get that much more performance for 300 more bucks for a Dbilas?!

It was a no brainer for me to get the APR 93 Octane Program for my car, but I can't make up my mind on the damn CAI.

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
We probably are (all a bunch of suckers) to be honest. I'd be willing to bet there's hardly any difference. For my part, the EVOMs intake was more expensive than the dbilas this side of the pond, which played a large part in my purchase of the dbilas intake. I'd say it's mostly down to looks and personal preference in all honesty. Every manufacturer can show pretty graphs that have little real-world significance... the only CAI that seems to perform noticeably better than the others is the BSH Trueseal (is that what it's called?)

haithame

Apple GTI
Car(s)
'09 GTI MKV
I went with the Typhoon again but added a wrap this time...i guess i am in love with K&N....there is a concern going on my head now...now i am stage 2 but i am really thinking about K04 upgrade in few months...will the Typhoon system work with it?...or what is the case exactly??

07Noside

Banned
Same inlet size, same compressor housing size it looks just like a Ko3 minus the DV port cut into it. IT'll work with no modification needed.

BTW The EvoMs intake was my first modification a long time ago last last October. It has worked well but I now have a BSH true seal intake on the way =)

LI_HXC_VR6

xstartxtodayx
Car(s)
04 B6 A4 avant
guys i guess i started a war again...there are more votes for BSH till now....sorry for the stupid question but can i get the BSH Intake without their DV or its a kit that should be installed all together....and if you will compare all these Intakes together which one is the quietest??

No you don't need to run the DV relocation kit w/ the BSH intake but it's designed to compliment the DV relocation kit. There is a bung on the intake to work seamlessly with the DV kit (unlike other intakes where you'd have to buy a seperate piece or cut/weld to accomodate it) but there's also a plug for the bung if you're not running the DV kit so it's really the most user friendly.

I have an EvoMs and have been really happy with it, if I had to do it again I'd go for the BSH intake in a heartbeat, I'd love one now but can't justify spending all that money and then trying to sell my current intake to recoup some cash, unfortunately car mods are pretty low on my list of priorities right now :frown: