GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DBV2 V2 Turbo

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I'm sure there is, just like there's one for Vortex turbos. I already know about the early TBBs having issues but like everybody else, you make improvements. I understand that there are a shit ton of EQT Vortex fan boys in here so no matter what I say, it goes onto deaf ears. The V1 and V2 journal bearing turbos are solid. My dyno graphs prove it and I've been abusing that turbo for 3 - 4 years now and it spools just as fast as an XL.

Thanks Diggs, appreciate the offer but I'll be going with Sneeky for my G30-900 turbo. If I decide later on to mess with it on my own, I'll reach out to you.
100% think you are making a bad choice but carry on.

Malingerer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
The guy says this car runs high 11’s at the track . Is that where it should be with this Turbo . Basic full Bolton 2016 S3 with DBV2 v2 3x BB turbo , EQT 91 Octane tune , EQT DSG , DP, Full exhaust , IE Intercooler, Air I take Etc.
The car is on full air ride as well don’t know if that effects times )

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
The guy says this car runs high 11’s at the track . Is that where it should be with this Turbo . Basic full Bolton 2016 S3 with DBV2 v2 3x BB turbo , EQT 91 Octane tune , EQT DSG , DP, Full exhaust , IE Intercooler, Air I take Etc.
The car is on full air ride as well don’t know if that effects times )
How much boost and timing?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
You guys crack me up on here with this shit. Long ago it was Littco turbos were shit, then TPC, then VTT, then EQT, then DBV2. This forum is a small community so the stories on here don't equal many. When the TBB versions came out years ago there were issues with them. Now, you don't hear it that much.
Of course you don't hear it much. They don't even list them on their site for sale anymore. Saw numerous stories about their turbos both on social media as well as talking to commercial tuners (who see way more of these than we do). End of the day, cheap hybrid turbos are shit. These are just bottom of the shit barrel on this platform.

Malingerer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
How much boost and timing?
I honestly don’t know . I don’t think he does ether . He bought it off his friend . So I’m sure I can’t find out . It’s a nice looking car with only 36,000 miles .

I ran a carfax no accidents , good service history , everything looked good on it .
I know
This is a personal thing but I love the color . Apparently only 5 were imported to the US in 2016 in this Viper Green color

Malingerer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
It was some special program Audi did and imported 25 cars . red , yellow green , orange and blue ( 5 of each color ) They were based on the Prestige Model . They yellow , orange and green listed at like 59k and red and
Blue were 57k

Malingerer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
Of course you don't hear it much. They don't even list them on their site for sale anymore. Saw numerous stories about their turbos both on social media as well as talking to commercial tuners (who see way more of these than we do). End of the day, cheap hybrid turbos are shit. These are just bottom of the shit barrel on this platform.
So they stopped selling these ,because they were having too many problems ? That does not make
Me
Feel all warm and
Fuzzy on the inside

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Lol... Wow man, you've got some issues. Show me on the doll where DBV2 hurt you.

He's never listed the TBBs on his site. He doesn't even list the V1 and V2 journal bearing turbos anymore. He's switched his focus to his G30 and G35 kits and like I've said, the earlier versions of the TBBs had a lot of issues. But whatever bro. You obviously have it out for DBV2 for whatever reason. At least he doesn't get imported junk from Taiwan to build his like the Vortex. By the way, what turbo do you have?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Lol... Wow man, you've got some issues. Show me on the doll where DBV2 hurt you.

He's never listed the TBBs on his site. He doesn't even list the V1 and V2 journal bearing turbos anymore. He's switched his focus to his G30 and G35 kits and like I've said, the earlier versions of the TBBs had a lot of issues. But whatever bro. You obviously have it out for DBV2 for whatever reason. At least he doesn't get imported junk from Taiwan to build his like the Vortex. By the way, what turbo do you have?
It's truly weird to act personally attacked when someone tells someone else not to trust a product widely known to be junk.
I didn't say anything about DBV2 the company. And since you asked, I have a Garrett that I purchased through DBV2. ;)

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
It's truly weird to act personally attacked when someone tells someone else not to trust a product widely known to be junk.
I didn't say anything about DBV2 the company. And since you asked, I have a Garrett that I purchased through DBV2. ;)
Yeah buddy... I don't feel personally attacked. Just trying to clear the water for OP. I wouldn't say it's widely known because it's on the EQT FB page, which is his competitor. DBV2 has customers around the globe and there are plenty of those TBB turbos running without issues. Glad you made the switch because honestly, when I compared the two, standard Vortex (because XL's weren't even a thing when I bought the Vortex) to DBV2 V2, you could clearly see the difference in quality with the V2 being better. The Vortex looked like a plastic toy compared to the V2.

OP, Like Diggs said, I wouldn't worry about. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I couldn't care less about what's on the EQT group. If you keep an eye on the used hybrid market you'll notice huge drops in prices when a bunch of people are selling freshly rebuilt turbos. Had this happen when I was trying to unload my XL, and there was a time you could snag a DBV2 with 0 miles for under $500.

Part of the problem with the DBV2 stuff is they were changing the specs during rebuilds, then you have to get a new tune. And if you buy one used, who knows if you're getting a V1 V1 or a V3 V1. Same shit that TPC has been doing, you see people trying to offload "old spec" turbos and that should be a huge red flag.