GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

disabling drl (daytime running lights) please help

GTIMKVDSG

Processing Directive...
Car(s)
GTI
I think it can actually be a hinderance instead of a safety feature for the simple fact that if you forgot to turn on your headlights, someone could rearend you real quick.

I agree 1000%. I have done this twice already. I'll pull out of the driveway thinking the headlights are on and not realize they are off until I notice there's no dash lights. Watching the HIDs come on kind of hypnotizes me.

Ooooo! Look at the pretty lights. :eyebulge:

A Fast GTI

There is NO legislation that requires DRL's in the States. It's all BS from your favorite insurance company and VW NA. Along with all their other garbage. It's easy to understand why they are required in Canada and Scandanavia-it's call Winter light deprevation......most countries in the EU require you to have your headlights etc....on at a certain time to adjust for sunset. Mostly 1630 to 1700. As a German friend once said....DRL's are for people who are mentally unable to decide when to turn their lights on! My 05Porsche C2S DOESN'T have DRL's(neither do the 06's or 07's). My VW dealer turned mine back on and I promptly shut them off!

A Fast GTI
San Antonio Texas