GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do you guys keep the dsg in sport mode 24/7?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I want to keep my warranty

My dealership is incredibly mod friendly. But there’s some discrimination here. U show up with anything other than apr plus and you get treated like a leper.

Frankly I prefer a cobb. I’ve had tons of Subaru’s in the past and the accessport is way more appealing than a one size fits all ots tune.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I want to keep my warranty

My dealership is incredibly mod friendly. But there’s some discrimination here. U show up with anything other than apr plus and you get treated like a leper.

Frankly I prefer a cobb. I’ve had tons of Subaru’s in the past and the accessport is way more appealing than a one size fits all ots tune.

There's other dealers. It's obviously your choice though. You do understand that if you have a powertrain related warranty claim you will be at the mercy of APR to cover it.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
There's other dealers. It's obviously your choice though. You do understand that if you have a powertrain related warranty claim you will be at the mercy of APR to cover it.
God yes. That worries me too. I can’t find any folks who could say apr had their back.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I would go with the EQT dsg tune as well. You have so much more freedom with cobb that apr doesn't offer. Plus there's the ability to flash from the comfort of your own home.
Exactly. I’m a huge fan of how cobbs accessport provided me the freedom of choosing a remote tuner. And flashing from my garage. And monitoring what I chose to monitor.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
God yes. That worries me too. I can’t find any folks who could say apr had their back.

Your dealer is just interested in their commission from APR. VW will still TD1 your car if your dealer tries to warranty a problem through VW. I would ask the dealer if they are going to back you up and help in getting APR to cover a powertrain related warranty problem.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Your dealer is just interested in their commission from APR. VW will still TD1 your car if your dealer tries to warranty a problem through VW. I would ask the dealer if they are going to back you up and help in getting APR to cover a powertrain related warranty problem.
This is exactly what I’ve been attempting. I can’t seem to find anyone on any forum or reddit that had apr back them up on any repair. I’m old enough to know better, and the apr plus program has a faint hint of bs

IMO

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
In writing, preferably. :D