GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSC Sport Active Suspension Controller

scrllock

Autocross Champion
though the time for new stuff might be ending as the Mk8's arrive.
Total aside, but for some products, you don't really see them until the cars have depreciated enough for enough people to deem the car cheap enough to modify/track, or companies have had years to R&D. Compared with many cars' aftermarket options, the mk7 is still in its infancy.

one of the Mk8 reviews showed the dampers having like 14 levels of adjustment (also present on the current Tiguan and/or Passat). I'm sure even with all those different settings it provides less "dynamic" control than the DSC Controller intends to provide
"14 levels" sounds like a marketing term. Technically any change in voltage is an "adjustment" and the range that the dampers take as an input is certainly more than 14 levels of voltage. The in-car interface might have 14 indicators, but the dampers can be adjusted quite a bit more finely, like you said.

Still waiting for warmer weather to drop some unsprung weight and get better rubber on to push the car, but I'm still happy with it. Maybe their marketing should say "infinite adjustability" or something stupid and that would give people the numerical comparison they're so desperate for.

Disclaimer should be "Not intended for off-road usage".

There's nothing wrong with using this on a track, any more than using your stock shocks would be normally. It really can't be said enough, you're not buying this for their off the shelf tune, you're paying for the ability to customize it to your specific needs.

Stan8899

Car(s)
VW and Audi rs3
As a new user of DSC sport module, I can ensure you it is a game changer for the car. You can change the setting that you would like to, stiff or soft you name it but of course it works on individual setup, it does take time for the setup. My car setup with antiroll bar H&R, lowered MSS spring. With the DSc sport module with my own setting, it just more stable and stiff that I want, especially on the bumpy road. I understand that's still some member not so believe in it, but it does save your time on "manual" coil over suspension. For myself it is worth money to invest before I Mods my car to stage 3 : )

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
So the Vag customers are lying and it wont work on a Golf R but will work on every other platform they have made it for? Got it...... Are u basing that on personal experience or because u read a couple threads on a forum? Which is it?

Someone asked if there were any updates to users and someone replied that YOU don't personally know and because he is new here he is lying and somehow a PLANT from DSC? Go with that bro...... sounds legit!

They diidnt need any promoting to sell to 911, Zo6, GT350 and half a dozen other customers but they need to INSERT fake members into a forum here to sell their product? Riiiiiiight......

Every testimonial I've seen so far has been from a new user with almost no post history. Coincidence? Maybe.

nono0044

Drag Racing Champion
What a good track record of a company. They can half ass a launch on other platforms, and point at their golden geese and be like "oh but it works so well on these (very different) cars".
1624110882961.png

But yeah, transparency!
1624111085265.png

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
That made me LOL literally! They sell to THOUSANDS of customers around the world and a few arent happy and now thats the general consensus of everyone that has bought the unit? I can find unhappy customers with ANYONE who makes ANYTHING smh!

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Don't get the relentless bashing on the old version. The one you can buy now works.
Also don't get why people are hung up on benchmarking the stock calibration, as though that's why you'd spend $1300 on a fully tunable suspension controller. It would be like buying some off the shelf coilovers, never touching the adjustment knobs, and complaining when your track times didn't immediately improve.

mmdb

Drag Racing Champion
Interesting about the early adoption comment. I asked to be an early adopter at the very beginning of their annoucement of this unit being available for the MQB. No response. nothing. I sent 2 emails. I instead went with Ohlins and couldn't be happier.

Reasons to avoid this unit (not bashing the company): If you want to do spirited driving or track days get a dedicated coilover setup. Even if this unit does what its supposed to (up for argument), you have a soft spring rate that was never intended for track days. I think that's as real as it gets. And I'm sure a greater percentage of us push these cars.