03 GTI 5spd
98 Audi A4 5spd
87 Lincoln Mk VII LSC auto
93 Lincoln Mk VIII auto

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
I took my driver's license test in a MKIII VR6 GTI 6sp. I've had 3 other Manuals since then and 1 tiptronic. I guess I went back to what I know, but I'm only 20 so I guess some of it is being young and stupid.:wink:

NYMK5

Passed Driver's Ed
29 6 spd, delivery in 3 months.. :frown: . I have always driven manual, and I am not about to change now.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
kirk180 said:
I'm not seeing a trend either. Except it seems that possibly some of the younger kids (16, 17, 18, and a couple a few years older) have only had auto's and perhaps can't drive a stick. Therefore opting for the DSG. Then your older (mid 30's and up) have the DSG also. They've done manual before and are just outgrowinig it. But then again there's a few mid 20's that can probably drive a stick that still got the DSG. But I'd be willing to bet that a handful opted for the DSG because they couldn't drive a stick. So perhaps some of the "Pro" DSG people say what they do because they don't know how to drive a 6 spd manual.:iono:
But you're right, the numbers are scattered everywhere.

yea i can definitly agree with that observation....i was sorta thinking the same thing

i came from an 00 Si which only came in a 5spd....but after all the work i put into it i got tired of the 3 puck solid hub disk and a really nasty pressure plate...when i would get out of my car my left calf was 6x the size of my right

so i opted for the DSG in my GTi...plus im alittle bit of a gadget freek...so it pleased both of those things...saving my left calf and my gadget obsession :biggrin:

Sinjin

Rally Car Newbie
32 and DSG. City drivin'

I am thinking it might be a trend as far as who sits in traffic. City or Rural...

ConnerrySER04

East Coast transplant
Car(s)
MKVGTI
Sinjin said:
32 and DSG. City drivin'

I am thinking it might be a trend as far as who sits in traffic. City or Rural...

not really. I live in Miami...some of the worst traffic in the nation. I'd rather be interrogated by Jack Bauer at his most heinously pissed off than even think about driving anything remotely related to an automatic. I hate automatic so much, I hate using ATM's.

I'm the guy who gets up at 6:30 am for a job that starts at 8:30 which is 13 miles away. I leave for home an hour after I'm supposed to...why?

traffic's LIGHTER.... I can f@#$%^g DRIIIIIIIIIVE.

DSG is great. If I lose a limb, it's gonna hit the spot.