GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

E-mailed Carbonio about MK5 Intake....PICS

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
When I had my civic everyone asked what I had under the hood. When I replied intake and that's it they looked at me weird. I focused more on the handling of the car and could burn people in the corners on a track. This is why I purchased this car. It already has great power and has great handling. I plan to improve on the suspension. Professional drivers will tell you the best thing to do to your car is to get great handling tires....and learn how to drive. I have seen a VW rabbit with a driver who could drive run quicker lap times than a high power Corvette. Also, lets remember that a motor is basically an air pump. The better it can breath and exhale the better it will go.

MKV

Passed Driver's Ed
Can you make (get some sort of piping from an existing intake or something) an extension from the Carbino to the intake manifold? Since EVOMs is making a custom engine cover. (hopefully CF down the road). Then the CF cover and CF intake would match a bit more...even though the extension might be plastic. Just a thought, but i assumed you could...but it might just get pricey. i guess its more for looks then anything.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Nothing wrong with making your own kit. That is how new intake styles are thought up. What do you think these R&D guys are doing right now with this car. You just need a dyno to help with design or some other way to test it.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I think I have seen pics of a K&N other than the drop in.....not sure though.

frank2287

Touring Car Newbie
honestly we are all basicly saying in this forum that carbonio is going to bring out a product on the market and its going to be horrible from what im understanding. Now lets just think do you actually think they will give themselfs a bad rep. for doing that im sure there is going to be a little more to it then just a carbon fiber cover im sure. When it comes out we will see im just really curiouse bc i like the way it looks but i hate the fact that im thinking like every1 else and i really hope its not going to suck.

Tay2610

Autocross Newbie
I think your right about carbonio. Why would a company who has produced solid, well selling intakes for previous models sell something that would risk future sales as well as destroy there reputation. The answer.....they wouldnt! Here is the just of what this intake should do. Retain factory drivability and longevity while producing minimal gains throughout the entire rev range. Compared to a conventional c.a.i. which will sacrifice low to midrange horsepower and torque at the expense of minimal gains higher in the rev range. You also have to take into consideration the purpose of a c.a.i. Obviously its design is to induct cooler air. Im sure youve all heard the argument about wether or not the engine bay is actually that much hotter while the car is in motion. When your testing the product on a dyno your testing with the car at a standstill. I know that most companies will put a fan in front to simulate a constant temp while comparing, but is this comparible to real life use? I would guess that while most conventional cold intakes dyno a peak horsepower slightly higher than a filter there real world performance application is even slimmer if none. With the carbonio intake i would guess your paying for the material and name. My 2 pennies

frank2287

Touring Car Newbie
hey guys did we find anything out about the carbonio intake that we didnt before or is the news still the same???

Im really curiouse if anyone has this yet, or its not out yet?

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
You guys crack me up!
None of these intakes/boxes offer any substantial gains. More looks, noise and hype then anything else.
What 7 HP at the most.... give me a break $250-$350 for looks. Not cost effective IMHO (HP per Dollar does not make sense).

Bottom line: "does it come with a guarantee... if I'm not completely satisfied can I return it for a complete refund?" Ask them that, if they say no. You are being took!

frank2287

Touring Car Newbie
to me i like to hear the turbo spool and to make it louder and what if it gives 7hp 10 hp its ok i like the fact the turbo sounds like its a turbo not like its not even there