GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

:: ECS Tuning :: VW MK6 ECS Catch Can System - New Item !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
I have the standard Unitronic intake. Is is still an issue then? I didn't know if their was a difference in a big turbo setup.

st0w

Passed Driver's Ed
It's getting to be pretty hilarious just how many people are complaining in this thread and the other about the short lines, and others are openly deciding not to order the kit because of it - yet ECS just keeps telling everybody to go screw themselves. :clap: Maybe they'll wake up and realize they're losing serious business here because of a failure to respond to customer feedback. It's a very stark contrast from some of the other vendors we have on here who are far more receptive. Oh well!

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
It's getting to be pretty hilarious just how many people are complaining in this thread and the other about the short lines, and others are openly deciding not to order the kit because of it - yet ECS just keeps telling everybody to go screw themselves. :clap: Maybe they'll wake up and realize they're losing serious business here because of a failure to respond to customer feedback. It's a very stark contrast from some of the other vendors we have on here who are far more receptive. Oh well!

Yup how do you make a business change their mind? By speaking with your wallet. They don't go the nice way you just do like you do when a dealer doesn't give you a car for a good price, you walk out and try the next.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
USP intake has fitment problems due to the short lines, I'm going to keep a running list of the intakes that will not work with this can as ECS does not want to make their kit more universal by adding 2" to the lines.

Short AN Lines Will Not Work With:
Big Turbo Intakes (inlet couplers larger than 3")
Unitronic Intake (inlet coupler 3")
USP Intake - http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2410048&postcount=43

Last edited:

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
USP intake has fitment problems due to the short lines, I'm going to keep a running list of the intakes that will not work with this can as ECS does not want to make their kit more universal by adding 2" to the lines.

Short AN Lines - Intakes With Fitment Problems:

Sorry I can not comment on intakes we do not sell.

The end fittings are reusable if anyone needs to make custom line lengths.

Andy

Last edited:

corman1313

Ready to race!
I was able to get my lines to fit with the USP rear pipe, it took some wiggling but I got it on right.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion

Short AN Lines - Intakes With Fitment Problems:

You can add the COBB intake to this list.

Sorry I can not comment on intakes we do not sell.

The end fittings are reusable if anyone needs to make custom line lengths.

Andy

I have removed the hose ends successfully, so yes they come off pretty easily if you've got a vice and some wrenches.

Verserk-MK6

Ready to race!
Why not Offer the extended lines for an additional cost? Im sure people with other aftermarket options would pay a little more to avoid the headache of getting custom lines made.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
I'm going to keep a running list of the intakes that will not work with this can as ECS does not want to make their kit more universal by adding 2" to the lines.

Short AN Lines Will Not Work With:
Cobb Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.