GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Balanced Line Coilovers Now Available!

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
luckily it seems like the Bilstein shaft only snaps when the car is parked. I haven't read a single occurrence of it happening while car is driving.
Well I torqued it to their M14 spec of 54 ft lbs. Hopefully I'm not part of that 1% or whatever it is.

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
ok here's a quickie...i finally installed my coilover last Wednesday. this i pretty solid and seems to be well built, so far I've put in about 350 miles and i can say they perform well. ride quality is good, not harsh even on the hardest setting. my turns are tight and reduced body roll is def noticeable.. adjusting the height in front is really easy but in th rear, you have to take everything apart cause you'll need to adjust the height of strut as well plus too much tension on spring for you to turn the adjuster.

few dislikes,

first is the height in the rear. they don't go low! i am very disappointed at this. i mea I'm not trying to slam the car to the ground, all i want is to have no gap between wheel and fender and this coilover doesn't achieve that. pic below is maxed out on all corners..

View attachment 173911

second is the front strut, it doesnt go all the way down the base of knuckle, its few cm short.. EQT said this is fine , its just odd cause I've never seen anything like it.

View attachment 173913

last is the adjustment knob on top of the front strut. at -1.5 camber, the knob will hit the strut tower. luckily i only needed -1.0 camber.

View attachment 173914 View attachment 173919

im hoping the rear will settle a little more cause i can't stand that gap lol
on the camber, maybe put a spacer between the top of the tower and the top of the camber plate? Then lower your ride height to compensate?

this might avoid cutting the tower. Ax guys get kicked out of STH if they cut.

bl33dBlue21

Go Kart Newbie
on the camber, maybe put a spacer between the top of the tower and the top of the camber plate? Then lower your ride height to compensate?

this might avoid cutting the tower. Ax guys get kicked out of STH if they cut.

good thinking..right now im good with -1 camber. im more annoyed with the rear height lol... waiting for ED to reply...

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
good thinking..right now im good with -1 camber. im more annoyed with the rear height lol... waiting for ED to reply...

Facebook Page has EQT busy these days...maybe if you post there.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
And here I am just rolling the dice this weekend with my new PSS10s. I think it's so strange that they've had a half dozen identical issues and have thrown gas on the fire instead of wiping this up and taking care of people. Bad optics for sure, but I still think it's a good product. It's probably not even a 1% failure rate between B14/16 installs, but it's a bad failure when it is.

So,we should see an update on your build thread soon? I look forward to it.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Well now that I've been called out... :ROFLMAO: They are installed, just waiting a week to adjust a few corners and get aligned.
Well something good has to come out of this thread the way it’s going recently...:ROFLMAO:

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
hey Ed, here's a pic. i also used the videos on post #110 as guide to properly adjust the rear struts

View attachment 174108
thanks!

It looks like you still have a bit of room there above the upper perch. If you want more room, you can actually delete the very top adjuster ring. That's just there to lock the lower ring, but if you snug it up against the base itself, it'll have the same effect. If that's still not low enough, we can supply shorter rear springs.

Thanks
-- Ed

bl33dBlue21

Go Kart Newbie
It looks like you still have a bit of room there above the upper perch. If you want more room, you can actually delete the very top adjuster ring. That's just there to lock the lower ring, but if you snug it up against the base itself, it'll have the same effect. If that's still not low enough, we can supply shorter rear springs.

Thanks
-- Ed

thanks Ed!

i just emailed you.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Yep! According to one of our beta testers, you can actually go quite a bit higher than stock ;)

— Ed

This is fantastic news, as I got an Alltrack and frankly don't want to give up much, if any, of my stock height. But I DEFINITELY want a better peforming suspension, lol.

I will be getting these when my OEM struts die at like 30K miles.

When are you gonna support the 1.8 platform :(

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
thanks Ed!

i just emailed you.

Any resolution? One of the reasons I was thinking of EQT was from their great customer service but recently I’ve heard they aren’t so responsive from a few I’ve talked to that are dealing with ongoing...stuff.

Hoping that they have taken care of you. They are very active on FB btw...but I thought they were on here too...