GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Balanced Line Coilovers Now Available!

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Not trying to switch topics, but CPO on YouTube just released a video with EQT upgraded fuel lines. When will these be released? Am I able to email you guys to get an early order in?

They will be available soon. We're not taking pre-orders.

-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Mine were noisy despite every remedy ive tried. I have Bilstein now. Much less noise. A lot of people don't mind noise. I just couldn't deal with it.
I'm actually very picky about noises and mine were nice and quiet. Noises are usually install issues. On occasion it can come from the camber plates, but that's not too common.

-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
these are universal-fit taiwanese coilovers. nothing wrong with them but definitely not gonna be on par with bilstein for build quality.

Well I actually set out to get these together because of the awful ride I got from a set of bilsteins after only about 3-4 months of use.

-- Ed

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Koni seems to have a better shock for our car, Bilstein got the B6 and B8 too cushy. The Bilstein coil overs also had early shaft failures. I think they’ve largely addressed that, but still a weak effort from the Germans this round that likely won’t be rectified for the Mk8 since it’s still an MQB.

Ravenstyle83

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI
I'm actually very picky about noises and mine were nice and quiet. Noises are usually install issues. On occasion it can come from the camber plates, but that's not too common.

-- Ed
A2B Motorsport installed them and then reinstalled them. Supposed to be a reputable shop.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
A2B Motorsport installed them and then reinstalled them. Supposed to be a reputable shop.

These cars have a lot of spots for potential noises. It took me a long time to resolve a clunk from the rear, but it ended up being swap bar endlinks and bushings. I also had a noise coming from the charcoal canister moving around.

-- Ed

QuasiAutomotive

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
What brought about the default spring rate change from 8/5 to 9/7 recently?

I have a set on the way that shipped about two days ago and I'm kinda curious about what I'll receive.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
What brought about the default spring rate change from 8/5 to 9/7 recently?

I have a set on the way that shipped about two days ago and I'm kinda curious about what I'll receive.

More spring rates available to us and a general consensus that things were a bit too soft for real spirited driving.

-- Ed

2LEEGIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI MK7
Bring this back up…Looking at the damper body for the rear, they’re threaded. What is the purpose? I thought ride height is to adjust via spring adapters.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Bring this back up…Looking at the damper body for the rear, they’re threaded. What is the purpose? I thought ride height is to adjust via spring adapters.
So you keep the strut travel optimized and coordinated to the selected ride height via the spring perch.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
So you keep the strut travel optimized and coordinated to the selected ride height via the spring perch.
This. MQB don't seem to like when you kill the travel.

Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Is there a guide to check or re-set the damper height to correlate with the setting at the spring adapter?
I just measure the stroke between the top and bumpstops and adjust it so it’s within the middle of the range at ride height so I have a safe spot for bump and droop.