GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Balanced Line Coilovers Now Available!

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
Asking for a friend who owns a MK7 GLI. Would these work on his GLI?

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
@Ed @ EQT Any word on Swift springs and/or custom rates?

Any testimonials from folks on these for a few years now? How has the ride quality held up?

Still working on providing a custom rate option. Logistics are not easy on that.

-- Ed

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
@Ed @ EQT Any word on Swift springs and/or custom rates?

Any testimonials from folks on these for a few years now? How has the ride quality held up?

I’ve been on these since Nov 2020 and have done about 15 or so track days with them.

Overall I’m quite happy with them. They’ve taken quite a bit of abuse with how I use the car and have held up fairly well. The only downside has been the shock boot on both rear shocks just kinda disintegrated, so it is exposed now. This seems to have resulted in a bit of noise when going over very large expansion joints or bumps where the rear of the car gets very light then compresses back. Although honestly the noise may be from the rear subframe and not the shock itself, hard to tell.

The front camber plates are very useful and I can easily run 3+ camber up front (I have expanded strut towers to help however).

The adjustable dampening is nice, I usually run 6/24 clicks on front/rear for street driving then turn it up to 16/24 on track days. Takes me about 2 mins to adjust all 4, don’t have to take any wheels off. I can’t say the damping adjustment is hugely noticeable, it’s certainly stiffer when you increase, but I’ve run a few sessions before where I forgot to adjust the damping and left it in “street” configuration and it wasn’t immediately noticeable, something I’d need to be thinking about to notice.

The overall ride quality has become maybe a bit harsher with time, but it has been very gradual. Im probably due for a rebuild at this point. It certainly still rides better than my old Bilstein/APR/Superpro combo. I don’t drive the car as much as before but I used to daily it and it was never too stiff or jarring. I would say if you’re not tracking the car though just do a spring/damper setup, unless you really want the height adjustability. I have the standard springs and there is quite a lot of height adjustability range.

E037B60F-7D7B-4894-8D35-B64533E1F715.jpeg
F641391D-D4E5-4A9E-B7D8-0285E28E2ED1.jpeg

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I’ve been on these since Nov 2020 and have done about 15 or so track days with them.

Overall I’m quite happy with them. They’ve taken quite a bit of abuse with how I use the car and have held up fairly well. The only downside has been the shock boot on both rear shocks just kinda disintegrated, so it is exposed now. This seems to have resulted in a bit of noise when going over very large expansion joints or bumps where the rear of the car gets very light then compresses back. Although honestly the noise may be from the rear subframe and not the shock itself, hard to tell.

The front camber plates are very useful and I can easily run 3+ camber up front (I have expanded strut towers to help however).

The adjustable dampening is nice, I usually run 6/24 clicks on front/rear for street driving then turn it up to 16/24 on track days. Takes me about 2 mins to adjust all 4, don’t have to take any wheels off. I can’t say the damping adjustment is hugely noticeable, it’s certainly stiffer when you increase, but I’ve run a few sessions before where I forgot to adjust the damping and left it in “street” configuration and it wasn’t immediately noticeable, something I’d need to be thinking about to notice.

The overall ride quality has become maybe a bit harsher with time, but it has been very gradual. Im probably due for a rebuild at this point. It certainly still rides better than my old Bilstein/APR/Superpro combo. I don’t drive the car as much as before but I used to daily it and it was never too stiff or jarring. I would say if you’re not tracking the car though just do a spring/damper setup, unless you really want the height adjustability. I have the standard springs and there is quite a lot of height adjustability range.

View attachment 249759View attachment 249762

Interesting on the boot as I've never seen that before. Wonder if it has to do with your conditions. If you e-mail us, we may be able to get you replacements.

-- Ed

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE

View attachment 249759View attachment 249762

Nice, did you get the lower spring option? Are you at the lowest setting? I've been looking into these as well, but wanted a different spring rate. I may wait for the swift spring offering though.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Interesting on the boot as I've never seen that before. Wonder if it has to do with your conditions. If you e-mail us, we may be able to get you replacements.

-- Ed
Not trying to switch topics, but CPO on YouTube just released a video with EQT upgraded fuel lines. When will these be released? Am I able to email you guys to get an early order in?

galavanter13

Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport

-- Ed
The same thing happened with my set too. Both boots are ripped after almost a year of usage (no track time). Hopefully EQT can provide replacements for them because I'd hate to go through a winter with them exposed to road salt. I'll send an email. Thank you.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
@Ed @ EQT

Hey what's up Ed, I'm not able to Ask Questions, on EQT Questions and Answers Thread someone seems to have removed me from replying. I hope it wasn't for my 1 sarcastic comment I made? I haven't found an issue with it within the forum guidelines but maybe I'm wrong.
Screenshot_20220519-194034__01.jpg

It's probably a mistake.

Just want to know when you guys will have the Upgraded fuel lines available.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
It's not a mistake. You out.
Lmao 🤣🤣.

No way Diggs, Ed wouldn't do that. All I said was while people wait 12-24 hrs for email replies, Ed responds to my post within 2 hrs.

No way, someone took offense to that.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Mine were noisy despite every remedy ive tried. I have Bilstein now. Much less noise. A lot of people don't mind noise. I just couldn't deal with it.
these are universal-fit taiwanese coilovers. nothing wrong with them but definitely not gonna be on par with bilstein for build quality.