GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Ed,
Any updates concerning the long term air/fuel drift when using either catless or hi-flow cat?

Nothing aside from disconnecting the rear O2 sensor. Its not ideal, but it does take care of the issue. Cobb is aware of it and its on their list as well.

-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I decided to do a little more work on the stock 2018 Golf R before adding parts.

You guys asked for an E30 base tune, so here it is! This car is still 100% stock in terms of hardware. I filled up with 4 gallons of E85 and topped off the rest with 91 Octane. This equates to E30-E31. Then I spent a few hours dialing in the tune.

This chart shows the stock baseline, the new EQT Stage 1 Base Tune, and the new EQT Stage 1 E30 Base Tune. Both tunes run a peak of 27psi, but boost tapers in gradually and tapers out up top.

With the E30 tune, we're now looking at a 44% increase in power from stock. This is really amazing considering this is done on all stock hardware with just a little tuning and a splash of octane.

jae_stage 91 and E30.png

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
You sir, are a blessing to this platform and a curse to many wallets. :ROFLMAO:

Can't wait to see stage 2 and what a little hardware equates to!

Mk7gtifl

Ready to race!
Ed, are you planning to do more base E30 maps, for stage 2 and GTIs?

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Ed, are you planning to do more base E30 maps, for stage 2 and GTIs?
Yeah this. I am still not sure about my future plans for my car and how fast Cobb will be with future updates for World market cars(mpi support etc.) So a base stage 2 E30 would be a great addition to my base 93.

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
Wow. I'm an old Stage 3 B5 S4 owner and 400 at the wheels was a great number for those. Unbelievable that the same power is available on a 2l 4 cylinder motor, stock turbo. Not even stage 2! I can't wait to see the stage 2 numbers, it'll be hard for me to hold out and not potentially go TD1, lol!

Reactions: MSH

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
For current ots customers what is the cost to add the e30 file when it’s finalized?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
For current ots customers what is the cost to add the e30 file when it’s finalized?
It would likely be the same cost as another base tune file @$175.00 It’s another fuel type.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
It would likely be the same cost as another base tune file @$175.00 It’s another fuel type.

Correct. It’s a different fuel type, so you would have to purchase it at full price.

— Ed

Stija

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
BMW Saab Subaru VW
The cost of another ots tune likely. 25$ for updates once you have paid for the tunes.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The 2019 Manual GTI just had an ECU flash from the factory to fix a stalling issue. Are your tunes for 2018 6mt different to take that into account.