GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
The 2019 Manual GTI just had an ECU flash from the factory to fix a stalling issue. Are your tunes for 2018 6mt different to take that into account.

That's up to Cobb. They need to update their firmware to update any base code changes.

-- Ed

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
So I have a walboro 450 sitting in my closet. Will it benefit me to install it prior to adding mpi or should I just wait to do it all once?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
lotta money to clean your valves.
It’s all sitting on the shelf waiting to be installed. I would only need to tune for it really. The money already gone, just haven’t committed to a BT yet. Full E on is20?

Stija

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
BMW Saab Subaru VW
The cost of cleaning your valves once.. if one is weird and into that sort of thing.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
What's making me most indecisive is seeing more about the reliability into the big numbers lately. Because of this, the adult in me is saying to hold off on the turbo and start building a motor to accept all the parts I have along with a proper BT, but the Diggs in me says to send it. Then there's the whole FWD thing..lol

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
What's making me most indecisive is seeing more about the reliability into the big numbers lately. Because of this, the adult in me is saying to hold off on the turbo and start building a motor to accept all the parts I have along with a proper BT, but the Diggs in me says to send it. Then there's the whole FWD thing..lol

If you can afford it, what would be ideal is to find another engine, used with low miles or new, and build that one and once it's all done, swap it in. Or, like Diggs said, send it now and build later. Also, a nice set of some sticky tires will help with the FWD thing.