GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EVOMS V-FLow

daigo

Oval Newbie
Car(s)
Mkv GTI
Anders @ EVO said:
it all really depends on what gear is closest to 1:1, that is the most accurate gear to dyno in, so every different tranny will vary, I'm not sure on the DSG, probably 4th.

Gear ratio is as follows (DSG)

1st 3.461
2nd 2.150
3rd 1.464
4th 1.078
5th 1.093
6th 0.921
rev 3.989

final
1-4th 4.058
5, 6th&rev 3.136

First, I thought I should choose 4th, but felt odd 5th have high geared ratio. Then I found out in catalogue that the final gear ratio is different between 4th and 5th. This making me confused which gear I should select when Dyno my GTI.

dmclone

Oval Champion
Anders @ EVO said:
GTT,

You absolutely have a right to be suspicions of intake systems. This was our exact intention when creating this intake was to manufacture an intake that makes REAL, CONSISTENT, REPRODUCEABLE power! We can go back and forth on why you think it doesn't make power and why I say it does. No information I can give you will satisfy you if you are still saying that this system will not work when dyno graphs showing a 17WHP and 17TQ gain are posted. Proof is in the Pudding as they say.

I'll make a deal with you. I will GIVE YOU an intake to dyno test before and after and post your honest results. We have partners in your area with dynos so to make sure everything is done properly and fairly. if ANY of our claims are not realized by your dyno test send it back, or keep it for free. If you are satisfied by the results all I ask is that you pay us what you feel it is worth, is that fair enough?

When compared to other manufacturers prices, I bet you will be enthusiastic to pay full retail:wink:

My challange I offer you is to find any other manufacturer that will offer you the same deal when you explain you will be comparing it to ours...we WILL make the most power of the intakes already on the market. We have done all the tests.

You had me at page 1.......Man I wish these were available.

Anders @ EVO

Go Kart Champion
daigo said:
Gear ratio is as follows (DSG)

1st 3.461
2nd 2.150
3rd 1.464
4th 1.078
5th 1.093
6th 0.921
rev 3.989

4th gear would be the most accurate as it is closest to 1:1, Not that the others are "bad" but 3rd is considerably more off than 4th, and 5th you will be going pretty fast on the dyno at redline!!

frank2287

Touring Car Newbie
i woudl rather go with the carbonio intake i think, eventually this intake will be drawing in hot air when you run the car for a duration of time or even if its sitting in the summer, the heat will ruin your fun, although the winter will be nice but what can we do

Accel

Rally Car Champion
frank2287 said:
i woudl rather go with the carbonio intake i think, eventually this intake will be drawing in hot air when you run the car for a duration of time or even if its sitting in the summer, the heat will ruin your fun, although the winter will be nice but what can we do

And what makes the Carbino so super magic that it somehow stays super cool and only pulls in cold air?

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Accel said:
And what makes the Carbino so super magic that it somehow stays super cool and only pulls in cold air?
I agree on this.... What makes it so much better that it pulls in cold air and this one does not? I am sold on this one unless something better comes along. The fact that this intake not only has a heatshield but also hooks up to your existing inlet on the front grill makes it a winner...not to mention the results from the dyno. Can't wait till it comes out.

black2.0t

Drag Race Newbie
what kind of price are we looking at

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Tay2610 said:
Well carbon fiber is a better insulate. haha.
And if this is made out of CF then wont it be better at cooling too. Where are you getting your facts that CF is that much better of an insulator from heat than plastic that it makes that much difference in performance with the Carbonio. CF is a better insulator but there is no real big difference to the Carbonio intake from the factory one. The only thing I see different about the Carbonio one is that it is simply made out of CF than plastic. It looks almost identical to the factory air intake pipe....it simply replaces the factory inlet right? I am not trying to stir up anything.

apollo

Looks like a nice low restriction design but it would be better for power if it drew ambient air.

you should run a temp probe in and see how hot the air is you are sucking up.

i suspect that the stock intake actually pulls in colder air.

its not unusual for underhood air to run in the 130-150 range.

which can easily knock 5% or more off hp and torque compared to 80 or so degree air you would get at ambient.

dynos often skew intake results as hoods are often popped for the dyno tests.

and intakes suck in ambient temp air that they would never get in real world conditions.

4GSixty3

Drag Racing Champion
^^ i agree! if we can have it shield from the hot air it will be perfect!

timber29

Passed Driver's Ed
Anders @ EVO said:
GTT,

You absolutely have a right to be suspicions of intake systems. This was our exact intention when creating this intake was to manufacture an intake that makes REAL, CONSISTENT, REPRODUCEABLE power! We can go back and forth on why you think it doesn't make power and why I say it does. No information I can give you will satisfy you if you are still saying that this system will not work when dyno graphs showing a 17WHP and 17TQ gain are posted. Proof is in the Pudding as they say.

I'll make a deal with you. I will GIVE YOU an intake to dyno test before and after and post your honest results. We have partners in your area with dynos so to make sure everything is done properly and fairly. if ANY of our claims are not realized by your dyno test send it back, or keep it for free. If you are satisfied by the results all I ask is that you pay us what you feel it is worth, is that fair enough?

When compared to other manufacturers prices, I bet you will be enthusiastic to pay full retail:wink:

My challange I offer you is to find any other manufacturer that will offer you the same deal when you explain you will be comparing it to ours...we WILL make the most power of the intakes already on the market. We have done all the tests.

In over 12 years of modding vw I have never heard of anyone making an offer as good as that. :rolleyes:

Tay2610

Autocross Newbie
Why are people assuming things? It seems to me like we have a bunch of comments based on pictures rather than first hand experiance. The thing we should be discussing is what makes an efficient performance intake? Tempature is probally the biggest factor in increasing performance through the intake. Now the big question is this intake decreasing intake temp? i dont know i cant tell ya. Maybe anders can? There is a very interesting argument on wether or not a dyno can provide accurate "real world" measurments. I would really like to see GTT take anders offer and independently dyno this intake compared to simple a k&n drop in filter. I "think" that if anything the evo intake will simply make a higher peak horsepower(due to my experiance with na hondas). Now you have to ask yourself is 2-3 horsepower worth the differince in money you will be paying.

p.s. i also would like to warn everybody that this argument will never end ive seen it many time on honda forums and it is a never ending cycle most forums that have been down this road have simply begun to ignore this never ending argument and leave it up to the individual as to where and what they put there money into fyi

Last edited:

Shifty

Pull it shave it paint it
Car(s)
2002 TDI New Beetle
Anders @ EVO said:
"I am confident there is power to be had on a stock car, but we have never tested it, nor do we actually plan to anytime soon. It makes no sense. Out of the thousands of intakes we have sold for the 1.8T, nobody runs a CAI with a completely stock car... the ECU upgrade makes the most power (bang for the buck) than any other upgrade, it doens't make sense to just do one.

I did, and I plan to on my 2.0T. Bring on the stock dyno numbers. :burnrubber:

And BTW, anyone even mentioning hydrolock associated with an intake mounted this high is sadly misinformed.