GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First speed ticket on my 2012 gti

Peezza

Ready to race!
I recently got first speed ticket out of bay bridge in SF when I was coming back from Sacramento at 2AM. I was caught at 70 at 50mph. I always have known that i should slow down in and out of bridges but i forgot because i was in little rush for family matter. Officer told me that this ticket won't affect my license points. Does this mean that this ticket is simply way for the city to make money although I was driving faster than the limit?
Just curious.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Unless you take traffic school your insurance will go up. You broke the law... now its time to pay up...

BTW that ticket will be about $400 after traffic school etc.

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion

manny2206

Ready to race!
I recently got first speed ticket out of bay bridge in SF when I was coming back from Sacramento at 2AM. I was caught at 70 at 50mph. I always have known that i should slow down in and out of bridges but i forgot because i was in little rush for family matter. Officer told me that this ticket won't affect my license points. Does this mean that this ticket is simply way for the city to make money although I was driving faster than the limit?
Just curious.

you dont have like a ticket clinic? type thing... a firm you pay like 80 bucks and they take care of it?

AXO

Go Kart Champion
That cop lied to you! Speeding tickets do add points to your license! Unless he wrote
You a ticket for an equipment violation or something like that.

Peezza

Ready to race!
I'm sure he said it won't affect points. Yeah I shouldn't have broken law :(
I'm considering clinic u said haha

fishtizzy

Ready to race!
That cop lied to you! Speeding tickets do add points to your license! Unless he wrote
You a ticket for an equipment violation or something like that.

False - not always. I have 2 speeding tickets - each for 10+ mph over the speed limit - and no points on my license. I asked the clerk of courts when I went in to pay the 2nd one (received 3 months after the 1st one) how many points I have and she stated "they way (or code) the officer writes the ticket dictates if points are a factor." I am no cop but I know my insurance has never gone up and does not show on my driving history through my insurance company either. They could be like civil violations (commonly used for speed cameras or unmarked cars taking pics of you speeding and mailing them to you). It could also vary state to state, I was pulled over in Ohio by a Statey both times after 1am coming home from work.

Just my 2 cents - could be wrong tho - good luck!!

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
you dont have like a ticket clinic? type thing... a firm you pay like 80 bucks and they take care of it?

The ticket clinics are not always effective and seem to be a popular choice in SE Florida. It's cheaper to take the driver improvement school and just pay the ticket!

I have witnessed many people whom hired the ticket clinic to resolve a citation that ended up with suspended licenses.

:thumbup:

Peezza

Ready to race!
How long does the court take to send my ticket letter home? It's been a while and I haven't received yet.

Peezza

Ready to race!
Bump on this topic.
I recently checked my driving record and I did get 1 point off from this ticket.
It's been more than 5 months since I got cited.
What can I do to fight old speeding ticket?
CHP clearly said it won't affect driving record and I asked him twice more to make it sure.
If i knew it would deduct point, I would have taken traffic school.
Any info will be appreciated.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Bump on this topic.
I recently checked my driving record and I did get 1 point off from this ticket.
It's been more than 5 months since I got cited.
What can I do to fight old speeding ticket?
CHP clearly said it won't affect driving record and I asked him twice more to make it sure.
If i knew it would deduct point, I would have taken traffic school.
Any info will be appreciated.

Nothing? If its done its done. Just wait 3 years and it'll be gone. Why do you care so much it just a simple ticket.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Nothing? If its done its done. Just wait 3 years and it'll be gone. Why do you care so much it just a simple ticket.

yes. nothing. too late.

zrickety

The Fixer
You can take a defensive driving course that will remove the points, but insurance can still raise your rates for 3 years. Most states clear it from your license after 18 months.

aamar517

Ready to race!
I gotta go to court this Wednesday for a speeding ticket. The chp was cool about it. Told me he was pacing me at 90 and gave me a 73 in a 65. Sucks to be a valet. Its been almost a 7 months since I got the ticket. Also that should be a lesson to you. Never believe what the cop is telling you without proof for things like tickets.

Sent using my Galaxy II wit errorz

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
In Texas it would be 150.00 and deferred after 6 months. Nice to live in one of the few free states left. As long as you dont get a ticket in that time it goes away Dang. In California you sneeze in a construction zone you'll get a ticket and jack your insurance up.

Last edited: