GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First speed ticket on my 2012 gti

myMK6fool

Ready to race!
I was an insurance agent for a year in WA. In WA it all depends on your insurance bracket. You are either on indemnity (high risk) or preferred (low risk). If you are on a preferred policy and receive a ticket or citation, your rates will not go up. If you are on indemnity, your MVR is ran once a year. If the ticket is on your MVR - rates go up.

You can always get it deferred by requesting a court appearance. 20 mph... fat chance, but they might at least drop the cost. Although - I'm really not sure about CA.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
I gotta go to court this Wednesday for a speeding ticket. The chp was cool about it. Told me he was pacing me at 90 and gave me a 73 in a 65. Sucks to be a valet. Its been almost a 7 months since I got the ticket. Also that should be a lesson to you. Never believe what the cop is telling you without proof for things like tickets.

Sent using my Galaxy II wit errorz

Hey I too get to go to court for a speeding ticket Wednesday :(

Mine was the first in three years and right after my last ticket was dropped I think... Traffic had slowed way down on the drive home on the interstate and I was in the left lane so I passed in the middle lane honestly not realizing how fast I was going (damned GTI). It was around a curve and sure enough there was the copper...the reason everyone had slowed down. He didn't have the radar on, he was just pointing/shooting laser so my detector didn't pick it up until he had tagged me... He was nice enough though, reducing it to 10mph over instead of 20mph. But my DL had just expired two weeks earlier on my bday and I hadn't went to renew yet...so court date here we go...

Shini

Go Kart Champion
I wish I could say cheapo and $350 in the same setence...

I would get a radar detector but my city is so understaffed on police and I've lived here so long I know where they are before they do!

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Time to get a radar detector. Most cops in California are running Ka band radar (Stalker Dual) with some municipal/county cops running K. CHP is fucking evil with laser in urban areas.