GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FLORIDA NEW LAW?

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
apparently now whenever there is an accident florida police cant issue a ticket unless they witnessed it happen there is a DUI or a Hit-An-Run ..

intresting to know ...

JimmyzMKV

Ready to race!
Some judges' kid must have got tagged in a hit and run DUI, and the judge had it squashed? Someone found out and the law was changed to protect the judge and his kid??? Just one of many scenarios. That sucks. What will happen with insurance and litigation on this? Don't most insurance companies require a "who's at fault" item to pay on a hit and run calim to keep your rates from going through the roof? I guess I'm gald that I reside in Iraq at the moment??? Is Florida a no fault insurance state...

Last edited:

FIJIParisi

GO FINS!
wait... so no tickets unless it is a DUI or hit and run if the cop doesnt see?

or no ticket on DIU and Hit and run unless the cop sees it?

JimmyzMKV

Ready to race!
I'm confused too. Looks like it could be taken either way. Still sucks...

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
florida is a no-fault state ..

no ticket will be submitted UNLESS a cop sees the accident, or if the cop suspects a DUI (cop dosent need to see the accident for that one)
OR if there is a hit and run and the person who ran is caught ..

as far as the insurence company you need to file a claim with them still but its up to the insurence company and how well you story holds up depends on who is going to pay ..

FIJIParisi

GO FINS!
well that blows... when did you hear about this? like how new is it? because I was rear ended in april and that guy got a ticket... if he didn't i would have been pissed...

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
just this morning ..

if your rear ended im sure that his insurence company still will be able to pay you for damages just no ticket will be issued it supposed to save close to 8k man hours .

FIJIParisi

GO FINS!
... i guess... but saving man hours is all well and good but I think they are gonna miss the $$ from the tickets too...

i think the accident ticket is something like $116... thats a pretty penny to be losing out on several hundred times a day across the state of fl....

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
dude u serious between orlando and tampa ALONE there are over 200 tickets handed out on friday and saturday night weekly just for street racing thats more then some accident

sloMk5

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
I dunno... sounds fishy. I'll have to look into that later. You know how those radio personalities like to exagerate things. Its all about ratings.

sloppyGTI

Silly Rabit
no it wassent a personality it was NEWS RADIO like AM radio .. they said new florida law prevents cops from handing out tickets to accidents they did not witness unless there is a DUI or the seen it happen or hit and run.

makes since to me ..