GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FML, wrenching today turned out bad

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
Exactly this. cracked something. My guy is looking today to see if ant damage has been done to the radiator. Fingers crossed...

Chances of this being true are very very slim. If you damaged the radiator, you'd have to go through the fan and shroud first, not to mention you'd really have to try to rock the engine that much.

thxrick

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2022 BMW X4MC, 2016
Chances of this being true are very very slim. If you damaged the radiator, you'd have to go through the fan and shroud first, not to mention you'd really have to try to rock the engine that much.

hopefully its just a hose or cracked tank...lots of vibration as i am told the engine is sitting directly on the part connecting the dogbone.

Trainingwheels

Passed Driver's Ed
Man hope everything works out.

Mk7Will

Ready to race!
Having a coolant leak will most likely not cause a TD1 flag on your car. Most techs are not out to screw over every guy with modifications on your car. You really have to go out of your way to get a car to flag TD1. If the coolant leak is unrelated to whatever you were doing such. If you say that its shooting out the left side could be from a DSG cooler hose (if you are dsg) or from the radiator hose up top.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Having a coolant leak will most likely not cause a TD1 flag on your car. Most techs are not out to screw over every guy with modifications on your car. You really have to go out of your way to get a car to flag TD1. If the coolant leak is unrelated to whatever you were doing such. If you say that its shooting out the left side could be from a DSG cooler hose (if you are dsg) or from the radiator hose up top.

Yeah, you have to get the car scanned with ODIS, cause dealership tech's never plug your car into ODIS.... you really have to go out of your way to have them do their job. Although it is doubtful they would need to plug it in for a coolant loss diag, but since you don't know how cars get flagged I wanted to inform you.

thxrick

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2022 BMW X4MC, 2016
Yeah, you have to get the car scanned with ODIS, cause dealership tech's never plug your car into ODIS.... you really have to go out of your way to have them do their job. Although it is doubtful they would need to plug it in for a coolant loss diag, but since you don't know how cars get flagged I wanted to inform you.

The car is at my Indy who specializes in Vw, Porsche and Audi. He said I caused the leak. There was no way I was going to bring it to the dealer in this situation. Again, worst case is the radiator is damaged...I hope not.

Will follow up when I know more.

TroyI

Ready to race!
I've been debating doing this myself to try and stop wheel hop at launch. Now I'll just wait until i have it at the shop for something.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I've been debating doing this myself to try and stop wheel hop at launch. Now I'll just wait until i have it at the shop for something.

Do not let this frighten you, it is honestly nearly impossible to do whatever it is the OP did.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
The car is at my Indy who specializes in Vw, Porsche and Audi. He said I caused the leak. There was no way I was going to bring it to the dealer in this situation. Again, worst case is the radiator is damaged...I hope not.

Will follow up when I know more.

He says you caused the leak but can't tell you where it is coming from or how you did it? If he can tell you it's your fault he should be good enough to tell you the rest in the same breath, or hes making it up. Even with the dogbone mount not connected, the engine doesn't have enough movement due to the motor/trans mounts to make contact with the radiator, or create enough tension to damage a coolant hose.

Do not let this frighten you, it is honestly nearly impossible to do whatever it is the OP did.

Can confirm. I've installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled my dogbone insert about 15 times in the past 3 months. Didn't fuck up the car cause I'm not an idiot.

Last edited:

thxrick

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2022 BMW X4MC, 2016
He says you caused the leak but can't tell you where it is coming from or how you did it? If he can tell you it's your fault he should be good enough to tell you the rest in the same breath, or hes making it up. Even with the dogbone mount not connected, the engine doesn't have enough movement due to the motor/trans mounts to make contact with the radiator, or create enough tension to damage a coolant hose.

Can confirm. I've installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled my dogbone insert about 15 times in the past 3 months. No issues with coolant or anything.

I spoke w/ him for 2 minutes this morning. The fkn guy is a great tech. He owns the shop. Why in the fuck would you hate..? I know for fact he knows more that you! There is no need to be a total dick.

I fucked up the car...I am waiting on exact diagnosis and final cost to fix it.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
I spoke w/ him for 2 minutes this morning. The fkn guy is a great tech. He owns the shop. Why in the fuck would you hate..? I know for fact he knows more that you! There is no need to be a total dick.

I'd never tell a customer they fucked something up with out telling them what and how, but I am good at my job and would rather not be sued. I'm glad you think he knows less then me, I would agree with you. I mean you are the dummy who magically broke his car doing something so simple a trained monkey could do it.

I'm glad calling him wrong triggered you so badly. My bad. I mean you literally just hated on me worse then I hated on him, that's hilarious and very hypocritical. All I did was call him wrong if he can't tell you what you broke. That is just fact no mater who its about.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion

Oh from commie land Bay Area....big shocker.

Says the noob who fucked his car up by doing one of the easiest installs for this platform. FOH.

mursepaolo

Ready to race!
There's gotta be more to this story.

He says you caused the leak, but didn't tell you how and where the leak is in those two minutes? Where did you lift the car from?