GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FML, wrenching today turned out bad

thxrick

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2022 BMW X4MC, 2016
I'd never tell a customer they fucked something up with out telling them what and how, but I am good at my job and would rather not be sued. I'm glad you think he knows less then me, I would agree with you. I mean you are the dummy who magically broke his car doing something so simple a trained monkey could do it.

I'm glad calling him wrong triggered you so badly. My bad. I mean you literally just hated on me worse then I hated on him, that's hilarious and very hypocritical. All I did was call him wrong if he can't tell you what you broke. That is just fact no mater who its about.

You edited your post, big guy. First you said he wad a Jiffy Lube Tech and he didn't know what he was doing...you said this blindly. Go f off.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
So which is better, DSG or Manual? Do you guys use 87 or 91? Are carbon fiber hoods worth the money?

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
I need new tires, but I don't want to spend a lot but I don't want to spin my tires what should I buy?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
How go fast

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
I bet you could still take it to the dealer. It's not a blown turbo or blown engine. Call them and then ask them once your indy finds out what is wrong with the car.

cb1111

Don't make me stop the car and come back there.

This should be a lesson to all of us that even the simplest of jobs can go south quickly if you try to rush, don't have the right equipment (lift/ramps/flat driveway/solid surface) or the correct tools then you may well cause far larger problems.

When I lived in Germany, my garage had a nice pit where you could get under the car and do stuff. I'm too old and grumpy to go crawling under a car so if I need to get under the car then I find a lift or let somebody else do it.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
on topic....lets wait to see what the diagnosis is before any more of this junk. I do wonder about saying you messed it up w/o knowing what it is but it very well be communication problems. Those who have never messed up props to you but you are in an elite group.

Rick keep us updated plz....good luck

jim

Pingers

Ready to race!
Replace engine\thread.

I wonder if it was coincidence or what. Either way, good luck.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
My panties are bunching with the suspense of waiting to hear why it was OP's fault.

Last edited:

thxrick

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2022 BMW X4MC, 2016
So here is the culprit. Once the new part comes in, the radiator will be pressurized and checked to see if it holds and if there is any damage.

Without the main bolt in, yes the dogbone bolt, I started the car and moved it just slightly....no doubt this created all of the havoc. Funny thing is the bolt ended up lining up and I torqued it down to spec.

Whatever is in the picture was smashed again a hot point on then engine I guess....

It's quite embarrassing. I didn't think about it.

Attachments

• IMG_2651.jpg
    IMG_2651.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 594
  • IMG_2650.jpg
    IMG_2650.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 585

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
So here is the culprit. Once the new part comes in, the radiator will be pressurized and checked to see if it holds and if there is any damage.

Without the main bolt in, yes the dogbone bolt, I started the car and moved it just slightly....no doubt this created all of the havoc. Funny thing is the bolt ended up lining up and I torqued it down to spec.

Whatever is in the picture was smashed again a hot point on then engine I guess....

It's quite embarrassing. I didn't think about it.

I'll run out and check where the CTS is located, normally lower coolant hose. I'll see what it might have rubbed against.

Will update post shortly.