GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Focus RS - Confirmed

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
The new RS will sit above the 252-hp Focus ST, and it could even come with all-wheel drive and nearly 300 horsepower. Think of it as an American Volkswagen Golf R with a more rip-snortin’ personality, and you’re on the money.

could is the key word, not will
i will believe it when it is at a dealership

///Audience

Ready to race!
Not enough horsepower in the world to make me get over how ugly that dash layout is

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Definitely will be a hot seller if priced right.

Hot being ~5K units a year, which is pennies compared to their overall Focus sales (204K).

Why not when you have a global platform and a seemingly common drivetrain that takes a few exclusive parts to give it the "edge".

Niche vehicle for a niche market: Enthusiasts --> Hot Hatch Enthusiasts --> Hyper Hatch Enthusiasts --> Ford Lovers.

zrickety

The Fixer
It will be interesting to see what shows up at the auto show next month.

Kyle Butler

Ready to race!
could is the key word, not will
i will believe it when it is at a dealership

Exactly, its all up in the air. Im certainly intrigued, but i'll wait and see if it lives up to the RS badge.

Not enough horsepower in the world to make me get over how ugly that dash layout is
It really is awful. Stroking my dashboard wont make me faster either, so i guess its all in what you want.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I bet no one on this site buys one.

Especially Honda fanbois.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
Its a Ford
Its looks dont quite appeal to me
No superior interior
No way I would buy that

But....at least the US market has more options if this is true. For those interested CONGRATS!!!

Last edited:

sskamboj

Ready to race!
If it's suppose to compare to the Golf R, my guess is it would be similarly priced. And IMO, that's too much for a Focus, even an RS.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion