GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ford Focus ST Loses $10K Value in 1 Year (~20Kmiles)

Calvinball

Go Kart Champion
:eek:

Good thing I decided against one o' deez!

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
That's insane, however, if you're looking to pick one up used that's a miracle.

THAT is probably the biggest takeaway. If you want an ST, buy used.

Calvinball

Go Kart Champion
THAT is probably the biggest takeaway. If you want an ST, buy used.

Take this for what it's worth; this first year run is getting pretty bad ratings by the various organizations that attempt to track vehicle reliability. So maybe another take-away is to buy one used...but in a couple years haha.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Eh... I bet Carmax would offer around the same on an Autobahn GTI after 21k miles. Sounds pretty normal. They offered me $17k for my 2012 GTI in 2012 with around 20k miles on it which would be around 30% loss... and base models depreciate the least.

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
Aren't dealers discounting these pretty heavily? People were reportedly buying brand new Focus ST's for about $20k, which is well under invoice. Those kind of discounts on new cars will kill the 1-yr used market.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Aren't dealers discounting these pretty heavily? People were reportedly buying brand new Focus ST's for about $20k, which is well under invoice. Those kind of discounts on new cars will kill the 1-yr used market.

This.

Tough market maybe?

D Griff

Go Kart Champion

I think you can get a loaded one for about $25k... loaded GTIs are ~$28k. It's a good time for a deal on a hot hatch.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
[edit] Looking at resale/trade values for the base ST, this car holds its value rather well, actually.

Almost regret not getting one, now. But then again, dat Ferd quality.

Last edited:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
That would have been no different with a gti autobahn

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
As stated, trade-in for a 1 year used Autobahn GTI with 20k miles would yield a similar depreciation amount.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Ran the KBB trade-in numbers on a base ST, and came away rather impressed. The ST holds it's value rather well, honestly.

I could've gotten one for $23k-ish after X-plan. KBB puts it at $20456 with 11k mi on the car.

My GTI, currently, is worth $19637 with the same mileage. I paid a hair more for the GTI than I would've for the ST.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
Sold to Carmax with 20k miles in one year
How much will carmax sell that car for?

Pretty sure that seller could have gotten more if he tried. . .