GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forge MK6 TWINtake Premier @ H2O International Show Next Weekend

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Our TWINtake air intake kit has been wildly popular and a huge success thus far for the MK5 applications, however, as many are aware, we have run into a couple of snags adapting it to the MK6 platform. Well all of those kinks have finally been worked out, and we are pleased to announce that we will finally be able to premier the kit next weekend at the H2Oi show in Ocean City MD.

We have a very limited number of kits currently in-bound from Forge UK that are scheduled to arrive just in time for us to take them with us on our trup up to Maryland to premier at the show. :D

If you have been one of many waiting patiently for this day, and you will be at the show, stop by to see us and check out the intake in person. If you happen to stop by early enough, you could be one of the lucky few to take one home with you, as they will be discounted with some special H2Oi introductory pricing.

Looking forward to seeing some of you at the show. :thumbup:

Unfortunately, as this is the very first shipment of production units, I don't have any photos of the Mk6 specific kit as of yet, but here is a look at the virtually identical MK5 kit to wet your whistle!

(production kits will have all-black piping)

Justinjor

Ready to race!
What makes the twintake special? I love my carbonio for looks alone but if it provides a few extra horses, its even better.

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
What makes the twintake special? I love my carbonio for looks alone but if it provides a few extra horses, its even better.

The Twintake has two filters - and two intake paths - rather than the single path that other intake has. It makes it freer-flowing.

The second intake path also takes cooler air for better performance.

Plus it looks wicked.

Justinjor

Ready to race!
I don't see how a T junction is free flowing. As far as looks.. um..to each their own I suppose.

Besides, an intake on a boosted car isn't nearly as crucial as an intake on a n/a car (performance wise). I did mine because the stock one looks horrible and the carbonio is just sexy

little_loki

Ready to race!
Intakes just for looks!?!?

I don't see how a T junction is free flowing. As far as looks.. um..to each their own I suppose.

Besides, an intake on a boosted car isn't nearly as crucial as an intake on a n/a car (performance wise). I did mine because the stock one looks horrible and the carbonio is just sexy

I do beg to differ!! Any car, even a 2007 xB can benefit from an intake. 99.8% of cars in the same class as all of our Golfs and GTIs come with an air BOX. This is literally suffocating and preventing air from entering. You put an intake on and that's an insta few more horses. If you're not into horses, it is also good for your engine and your engine life because it lets it BREATHE. Try breathing through a paper mask while running at 120mph--then take it off.

Tell me what you like better :)

Jekyll991

Ready to race!

I have to agree with you there. Though it does somehow show gains on the dyno everything I know about designing an intake tells me that thing should should lose power.

Air coming in from two separate pipes into a T junction = turbulent airflow, MAF placed directly after a 90 degree bend = turbulent flow through the MAF.

The only thing I see gaining is the fact that with two filters you have a greater surface area to pull air from so you can use denser filters to get better filtration while pulling the same volume of air.

I'm NOT trying to take away anything from forge. Those guys are a thousand times more knowledgeable than I am, and like I said it has shown gains so I guess I'm missing out on some kind of wizardry here.

Justinjor

Ready to race!
I didn't say it wouldn't benefit. I just said it wasnt as crucial on a forced induction motor as it is on a naturally aspirated motor.

Me breathing in with a mask on is not the same as someone blowing in my mouth with a hair dryer.
Boost is not the same as vacuum, ergo a boosted car doesn't need the 'breathing room' nearly as much as a n/a car.