GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forge MK6 TWINtake Premier @ H2O International Show Next Weekend

MattyGTi

Ready to race!
Besides, an intake on a boosted car isn't nearly as crucial as an intake on a n/a car (performance wise).

im sorry but you are severely mistaken.

I didn't say it wouldn't benefit. I just said it wasnt as crucial on a forced induction motor as it is on a naturally aspirated motor.

Me breathing in with a mask on is not the same as someone blowing in my mouth with a hair dryer.
Boost is not the same as vacuum, ergo a boosted car doesn't need the 'breathing room' nearly as much as a n/a car.

Its actually the opposite. Most n/a cars today will see an average of 2-4 whp with an intake...and thats generous.

any FI vehicle will see at least 10whp from an intake if its computer wants to adjust to it.

the turbo needs as much air as it can possibly get so it can efficiently make its boost and hold its boost

Last edited:

Jekyll991

Ready to race!
I didn't say it wouldn't benefit. I just said it wasnt as crucial on a forced induction motor as it is on a naturally aspirated motor.

Me breathing in with a mask on is not the same as someone blowing in my mouth with a hair dryer.
Boost is not the same as vacuum, ergo a boosted car doesn't need the 'breathing room' nearly as much as a n/a car.

Difference being a turbo isn't forcing air into the filter, it's still sucking through it.

And actually isn't possible to damage a large turbo if it trying to pull through too constrictive of a filter? Obviously not going to happen with any of our applications, even stage 3.

Either way it's pretty much a moot point, you aren't going to win a race against another stock GTI just because you have an intake that produced 8 more HP, the better driver will always win when hp differences are so negligible.

And I know my EVOMS intake helped throttle response, but I can't feel a difference once I get into the RPM.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Airflow will always take the path of least resistance.

If one pipe alone has the potential to provide enough airflow, assuming the filter is not a restriction, then two pipes with two filter give double the headroom for airflow/power potential.

On a bone stock car, this intake will likely show no gains. In fact, our dyno test showed only a 1-2 hp improvement, which is not really worth mentioning. The stock airbox and filter are simply "adequate" for a stock engine.

Once you chip the car, however, and the ECU is now specifying 20 PSI peak boost output instead of 10PSI stock, you have doubled your airflow requirements, which will easily exceed the capacity of the stock airbox and filter to provide sufficient airflow. While a single highflow air filter can indeed show an improvement, it can still become a restriction at certain airflow levels.

Our dyno testing, on a Stg. 2+ FSI car making a steady 25 PSI with a fuel pump and wastegate upgrade realized a 10 whp gain over the stock airbox and filter with a single cannister version alone. Adding the second filter/cannister realized yet another 6 horsepower at the wheels on the same car, on the same day, still strapped to the same dyno.

An engine is just a big air pump. Plain and simple. As your airflow requirements go up with each subsequent modification you make to the car, being able to support that airflow is important, and this intake provides the most possible headroom.

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
Mine came in yesterday, am installing tomorrow after work. Can't wait.

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
I love the dang thing. It lets me hear the turbo spool up even more now, and you can hear it GUZZLING air when it's doing so.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
The initial production run sold out very quickly.

We have another run being done in the UK right now. We anticipate just another week or two before it's finished. I'll make a post when they land.

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
When you compare our kit to some of the other piecemeal intake kits on the market for the TSI that comprise a basic "Stage 1" upgrade and an optional "Stage 2" add-on section, our kit includes everything, and is actually cheaper in some cases.

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
When you compare our kit to some of the other piecemeal intake kits on the market for the TSI that comprise a basic "Stage 1" upgrade and an optional "Stage 2" add-on section, our kit includes everything, and is actually cheaper in some cases.

^This.

The BSH Race is cheaper by 100$ but it is not as nice. The BSH TSI Stage II is $80 off the Twintake.

AWE's CCB is comparable in price, $399. $60 for the extra filter is not unreasonable.

APR's Carbonio Intake (Stage 1 & 2) comes within $15 of the Twintake. That's *with* the sale price. If it's not on sale, then it is more expensive.

EVOMS is $150 cheaper, but does not have a Stage 2 pipe available.

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
One thing Mike...when you send out this next batch of intakes, you might look to include instructions from a MKVI. I don't know what vehicle you have in my manual, but it's got a red TSI engine cover, and looks totally different than my car's engine/engine bay.

That being said...it's not rocket surgery.

SteveP

Ready to race!
^^^ I think Forge in the UK are doing some work on a Mk6 next week to complete some stuff like this :thumbup: