GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forum Down

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion

StayStetti

Banned
It'd be nice if someone over here gave some details as to why this is happening so often, you guys seem to have actual admin participation.

JasonH

Ready to race!
Seriously, this site is down as much as it's up.
I run a forum site with 5x as many members as this one and it hasn't been down for more than a few minutes all year.
If I was paying to advertise here I would be really pissed.

I use www.pingdom.com to notify me (email/sms/push notifications) if my site is down or taking longer than normal to load.

StayStetti

Banned
Well this site is on a server with 19 forums, seeing as they probably get ~50k/month (at least) in revenue, it's time for an upgrade.

surrealchemist

Ready to race!
Probably needs a second machine just for the databases. Thats usually where the bottleneck is on forum software.

fender177

Ready to race!
Probably needs a second machine just for the databases. Thats usually where the bottleneck is on forum software.

Normally I would agree with this - but the site isn't even making a connection to begin with. If it were because of a database bottleneck, we'd still make a connection, but it would be slow.

The guys at vager.org are looking into a possible backups. If that does happen we should take all the DIY threads and migrate there. Leave this site for good.

It's one thing to have issues, but at least communicate with your user base and explain what is going on and what you are doing to resolve it. At least if we had that maybe we would be more patient and sympathetic to the issues. The advertisers I hope are good and pissed.

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!
This recent downtime has acclimated me w/ reddit and reddit.com/r/gonewild......