GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forza 4

Randum

Go Kart Champion
I will when I get home tonight. If I can manage to get off battlefield 3. I'm addicted to both those games right now.

Agreed. New maps out next week!!!

The VWC is growing slowly and looks like VWVortex has a 9:30PM EST racing night on Mondays as well.

We have a slew of shared cars available as well. I have a nicely tuned mk4 R32 in there if anyone is interested....

I second the little review on the Kinect, works fine but found myself thinking I was sliding in that direction...few accidents resulted from this.

CodeB4U

Go Kart Champion
Agreed. New maps out next week!!!

The VWC is growing slowly and looks like VWVortex has a 9:30PM EST racing night on Mondays as well.

We have a slew of shared cars available as well. I have a nicely tuned mk4 R32 in there if anyone is interested....

I second the little review on the Kinect, works fine but found myself thinking I was sliding in that direction...few accidents resulted from this.

Yes, i can't wait, and i have Christmas vacation coming up, so i'll be able to play a couple days.

Some chick, TamR32 i accepted her request to join our club, we played a couple online races against others. Her name is Tammy, she is from Chicago, wonder if you know her randum?

holy crap the new xbox update is pretty cool so far.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
If any of you guys are still using a D-pad and not one these:
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wire...Y0L2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325214371&sr=8-1
then run out and get one. Holy crap, the difference between this and thumbsticks is just night and day!

The major fault of this controller: No bumper buttons. It's inexplicable why it doesn't come with bumpers but it does not. That means for games (like Forza) which require bumpers to navigate certain windows (like tune options) you'll have to turn off the wheel, turn on a regular controller, do what you want, turn off the controller, then turn the wheel back on. It's a pain in the ass, yes, but once you drive with this wheel you won't go back to thumbsticks.

Other than that the wheel is brilliant, don't ask me why someone didn't think of making this thing years ago. It's not as precise as the fancy $500 wheels nor does it have turn stop/feedback but for less than $50 it's a no brainer. I'm probably going to buy a second for parties because this makes racing games accessible for almost anyone.

Attachments

• 41Qnr53bIRL.jpg
    41Qnr53bIRL.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 171

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
how do you accelerate/brake?
It has very deep triggers on the front side, much deeper and more precise than the ones on your D-pad. It just doesn't have the bumper buttons.

See I thought this was a Kinect accessory when I first saw it. Then I tried it at Best Buy and nearly fell on the floor.

Attachments

• microsoft-xbox-360-wireless-steering-wheel-5.jpg
    microsoft-xbox-360-wireless-steering-wheel-5.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 168

Smooooth

Passed Driver's Ed
Last simulator I had was GT3 with wheel, chair & shifter. Been a couple years and have since sold all the ps2 stuff. Just got Forza for Christmas and ordered fanatec csr wheel, shifter and pedals - waiting for my seat GTR Racing Driving Simulator seat. Anyone running this setup? any tips for setup?

Never raced online, is this worth the investment.

Looking forward to getting racing!

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
Last simulator I had was GT3 with wheel, chair & shifter. Been a couple years and have since sold all the ps2 stuff. Just got Forza for Christmas and ordered fanatec csr wheel, shifter and pedals - waiting for my seat GTR Racing Driving Simulator seat. Anyone running this setup? any tips for setup?

Never raced online, is this worth the investment.

Looking forward to getting racing!

prepare for frustration. I raced offline thinking I was amazing, race online and I get last NO MATTER WHAT, consistently, every single time.. I have no idea whats wrong

livefast

Ready to race!
I want the wheel, but I can't get over the fact that I won't be able to race with manual w/ clutch because of the lack of bumpers.

By the way, anyone know how to join the golfmk6 car club?

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
My GF bought me Forza 4 and that wheel for Christmas. It's fun. But since you are just holding it out in front of you with no resistance you tend to move side to side instead of turning especially when you get overly excited.

I ended up just ordering a CSR wheel, club sport pedals and a stand for the hell of it. Luckily my GF likes playing the game too.